Emulators
Hey, anyone know much about emulators? I see n64 emulators and gba emulators around but don't wanna waste my time downloading them if they don't work like I want em too. Do they actually play n64 and gba games like the snes and genesis and such do? (like Zsnes)
Cidien Wrote:Hey, anyone know much about emulators? I see n64 emulators and gba emulators around but don't wanna waste my time downloading them if they don't work like I want em too. Do they actually play n64 and gba games like the snes and genesis and such do? (like Zsnes)
Ok, why is this in General rather than Video Games, where the rest of the posts on Emulation have been?

As to answer your question, the only time I ever messed with N64 roms was at a time my computer couldn't play them.

As for GBA, I have 50+ roms, most work perfectly fine, the only time you should find a real problem is like with Samurai Depper Kyo where there's an anti-priating thing, or like poke'mon with the enternal clock (less they've fixed either of these problems).
Edit: I use VisualBoyAdvance for my GBA emulator & it works fine with mostly everything.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Just a quick question so you have the emulator where do you get the games?
You search the net or download them off P2P networks. they are generally called Rom's while the Emulators are not illegal the Rom's are.
Alright downloaded the gba one and that works well. Anyone have an n64 one? There are a few games i'd like to get that are way expensive and I may not even like them. (like evangelion)
ZSNESW is the only emulator I know rather good sorry
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Also, I finally got mame32 to work with a download from bearshare. Problem is like 930/1000 games that came with it (including the one game I really wanna play) don't work. Only the really base games like mappy and pacman work. Anyone know why or what I need to do to get the others to work?
i havnt found a n64 emulator that i liked, ive tried all that i could find (3 or 4) and all of them are so twitchy that you will just break down and buy a n64 on ebay
Ya after a while searching I found one that worked, but the sounds so bad a 64 realy is necessary. Oh well, they're cheap and Mario Kart 64 is still the best in the series. One of the few games my gf likes. She seems to like most mario games and hate just about everything else lol.
Cidien Wrote:Also, I finally got mame32 to work with a download from bearshare. Problem is like 930/1000 games that came with it (including the one game I really wanna play) don't work. Only the really base games like mappy and pacman work. Anyone know why or what I need to do to get the others to work?

Would the game you are trying to play be an SNK game? If so, you are probably missing a neogeo file. MAMe32 is fantastic, I've had it on my computer since 97, and MAmeX on the X-box is phenomenal.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
evilomar Wrote:Would the game you are trying to play be an SNK game? If so, you are probably missing a neogeo file. MAMe32 is fantastic, I've had it on my computer since 97, and MAmeX on the X-box is phenomenal.
I use WinKawaks er something like that, I've played the SNK games like that, but all I really wanted it for was SFA2, & Metal Slug.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Cidien Wrote:Do they actually play n64 and gba games like the snes and genesis and such do? (like Zsnes)

They do play them... I play my N64 roms on my xbox with Surreal 64 which has three different ports of pc emulators on it so chances are the game will play on at least one as sometimes games don't always play properly. Check out what emus got ported and dl the pc versions and you should be able to play them...
evilomar Wrote:Would the game you are trying to play be an SNK game? If so, you are probably missing a neogeo file. MAMe32 is fantastic, I've had it on my computer since 97, and MAmeX on the X-box is phenomenal.

No, I want to play the GI Joe arcade game I used to play when I was younger at 7-11. The one where you are constantly running and blowing the crap outta stuff.
Yeah I remember that game, I think they ran i on the Space Harrier platform. Are you missing roms? Or are you getting a blank screen?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Cidien Wrote:No, I want to play the GI Joe arcade game I used to play when I was younger at 7-11. The one where you are constantly running and blowing the crap outta stuff.
I can't remember the program off hand but alot of tiems with Mame there will be parent roms and child roms. Which like the parent rom will contain everything it takes to run it and a child rom will have only the things that have changed so to conserve space. but if you only have the child rom zip file it won't work at all. I will try and find the program you can use to manage your roms. It dumps out a list of roms mame32 will play and scan yours and tell's you the files you are missing to get a rom to run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Rom and Emulator sites. Blight 18 9,327 03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Blight
  Emulation. kakoi_sugoi_yama 15 6,346 11-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Schultz