Ninja Gaiden Black
So has everyone heard of the upgraded ninja gaiden game. It has the two hurricane expansions plus lots of other extras and its only going to be $30. Is anyone going to pick it up in September. Does anyone play gaiden, and have played the expansions? Personally Gaiden is one of my fav games of all time but I'll need more than the expansions to pick this version.
I don't play it because:

1) I don't play beat em up games to test my skills against godly ai, I play them to beat the crap outta a lotta ememies.
2) I want it for the original game but do that you takes a crapload of work i'm not willing to do.

If they had just given the 3 original games without having to unlock them I think they woulda made a lot more money than they did.
The only reason the ai is hard is because it doesnt run on patterns. And after I spent two weeks mastering all of ryus moves I could blow though the game over and over.
Or because the regular enemies are harder than many games bosses. That could be a reason too.
I didn't think it was as hard as Ghost and Fucking Goblins on the NES.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Is the game really that hard?

Er is it harder than the DMC series? I always heard people argue over the subject, but when it's fanboy vs fanboy there's no way to get an unbiased opinion.

Personally I hated both Microsoft, & the controller of the Xbox. Then they came out with their controller that look almost just like the PS ones, so I considered it, but then people started talking about Xbox 360 lacking backwards compatibility, plus it's mostly just good for fps -_-, which is why my dad wanted one at one point. I didn't like Fable, & I've lost all faith in the FF team, although it is a bit interesting that they have the original creator ^_-
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Well the s controller is in my opinion the best one, I own all the systems and just think the s con has the best functionality for size. Whether the 360 is backwards is still up in the air M$ said it will be so well see. I agree there arent rpgs for the xbox and fable was a letdown of sorts, but hopefully Sakaguchis involvement will open M$ eyes to the glory of rpgs and the fact that if they want to reach the supposed "one billion" users cough " keep dreaming" cough, then they need an rpg boom.
evilomar Wrote:I didn't think it was as hard as Ghost and Fucking Goblins on the NES.

Ya ghosts and goblins was a very hard game. Fun game though. =P The DMC games are easier even on the hard difficulty. If you play it on normal it's way easier. I'm not a fanboy either btw.

I like the big controller over the S controller. Especially since the triggers are much better on the big controller. Don't know what I mean? Try playing need for speed underground drag racing with an S controller. It's a pain in the ass to try to balance the needle in one place. I want a controller that is like an M controller or something. Between the big and the S. Kinda irritated right now from reports that teh 360 controller may be even smaller than the S. Like Microsoft went from play testing with apes to play testing with 8 year old children.
From what ive seen the 360 con is about the same size as the s con, the ps2 controllers too damn small and please the original xbox con is way too damn big and you have to remove one hand to reach the buttons in the middle.
Talking about hard games try beating Gauntlet 2 on nes ( I was never able to, and have not met someone who could)
:mad: 200 F***N levels o pain.
geo85 Wrote:From what ive seen the 360 con is about the same size as the s con, the ps2 controllers too damn small and please the original xbox con is way too damn big and you have to remove one hand to reach the buttons in the middle.
Talking about hard games try beating Gauntlet 2 on nes ( I was never able to, and have not met someone who could)
:mad: 200 F***N levels o pain.
I was just playing the Gen version the other day. I'm not sure I'll ever totally understand those games..
I loved the arcade version, but maybe that's because it WAS an arcade game & it was very rare for me to play one. I've play one of the ones for Playstation, but it got boring after about 3 levels.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

I know what ya mean Gauntlet 4 = Horse S***.
Well when the revolution comes out I'll pick up Gauntlet2 and try it again but with some morphine this time to numb the pain.
geo85 Wrote:Well when the revolution comes out I'll pick up Gauntlet2 and try it again but with some morphine this time to numb the pain.
This brings to minda good question, will cheat devices work on the older games as if they were new? I'd assume so, but I wouldn't happen to know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ninja Gaiden Black - Arcade Cidien 14 7,145 10-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Cidien