Game and Watch=DS?
I was watching a show on the history of gameboy and they were talking about Gunpei Yokoi who is the father of the gameboy. His first handheld was called the game and watch and the second model that came out before he created the gameboy looks almost exactly like the ds. Did anyone else notice this, maybe nintendo used that design as a tribute to him.
Just check this out:

Attached Files
.jpg   nintendo-game-and-watch-zl-65-front.jpg (Size: 45.46 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   ds-2.jpg (Size: 138.21 KB / Downloads: 2)
I noticed it too when I first saw the DS. It was one of the reasons that attracted me to the product. I used to own a few of them when I was a little kid and it brought back some nice memories :p
Talk about evolution. I love it when retro designs come into a future context. I wanna see the next gameboy to come out!
Well with the way things look now, besides the micro you wont see a new gb for a couple of years, since he gba is doig so well, and the ds is now begining to expand in the states with animal crossing, nintendogs, trace memory and so on, they will focus on those and the revolution. Remember that the gb advance was ready for release almost two years before they actually released it because the gb was doing so well. There is tons of potential with the ds so they should focus on that.
Yes focus on the here and now for a little while I can wait for the "Revolution". Well we know where DS got it's looks from.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Has anyone heard the rumor that nintendo will make the downloading of all previous nintendo console games free, nintendo said it was a maybe but if they do that then a lot more people will be interested in the revolution, thats a lot of great games, the first two mgs, star fox, majoras mask, orcarina of time, the original final fantasys, mario and the list goes on, I am really hoping its true.
geo85 Wrote:Has anyone heard the rumor that nintendo will make the downloading of all previous nintendo console games free, nintendo said it was a maybe but if they do that then a lot more people will be interested in the revolution, thats a lot of great games, the first two mgs, star fox, majoras mask, orcarina of time, the original final fantasys, mario and the list goes on, I am really hoping its true.
So everyone with an internet connection, & likely a computer would be happy that they could play games on their console with out having to mod it for roms?

When being able to play something I can d/l for free (although one way being illegal Tongue) I don't care if I play it on my computer with a joypad, or console with a controller; hence no big deal for me, although I am considering getting the Revolution anyways, just because it'll be the first non-sony console I'll've bought since the PSOne came out.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Nintendo has confirmed that downloading classic games will not be free. The only thing that will be free of charge is online gaming. Although the games won't be free, I can't imagine them costing too much since Nintendo is trying to get out of 3rd place in the console race in America.
I dont mind if its not free but you cant charge a lot and I doubt nintendo will do so because they really focus on the gamers so If nes games are 2-3 dollars or supernes are $5 and 64 are 6-7 then thats fine to me but any more and I wont pay for any of it.
yeah i agree

the only problem i have is i wonder if it will kill the rpg collectors market although besides a few games i think that the ps1 has most of the rare collectible games anyways so.....

but yeah im really interested in the revolution and hopefully they will be cool and let you dl games for cheap or maybe they will be like 20 a month lets you dl 5 games of your choice that would be cool too.

whatever works
Cyrus