DOA 2 Online
Well I have finally gotten my first taste of Dead or Alive online had a chance to play 100 matches in the last week and a half and only won 34 of them. I have never had a game frustrate me more. I think the game is wonderfully done and looks great. My only complaint about the game is there is no real buffer to keep A or high ranked players from canibalizing off the lower ranked opponents. I don't win to often at Halo 2 but it doesent make me want to throw a controller through a window like DOA 2 does. How has everybody else fared who has gotten to try this game out? Oh yeah thought I would add I only started playing DOA three weeks ago never played the game previous to this time.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
I have not tried it but my friend has and he has the same problem. Nintendo has said that that is something they were looking at when developing the wi-fi and online experience for the ds and revolution. They say they are working with other companies to set up class based play that prevents lvl70 people from annoyingly destroying the new guy. I love doa but my problem was getting used to the reversal system, man the computer on the hardest level is a B***H.
Since my last message I have practiced more on blocking and counters, havent learned much of the juggles stuff like that but have been able to improve to a C rating with a record of 110-144 its an improvement. I have gotten into the habit of creating a room with the name C or lower each time I play I usually can get 4-5 C rated players in the room at once its alot more competitive but still have a A, S or SS who comes into the room and usually gets blasted by any of the players who have a mic who ask them if they can read the name of the room. I feel kinda bad of the D, E, F players because the higher ranked ones don't really give the player a chance. Its sad to see a SS rank chalanging a E ranked player. Whenever a online sequel comes out for the DOA chain this is something that really needs to be fixed to keep the amature players safe from the pro players
Excel saga
Oh MY GOD!!! I just finished unlocking all the costumes on the hard difficulty. Geez my thumb is sore. So I have all the items from survival mode but does anyone know how to get the special survial items I know it involves hitting people while down but dont know the settings needed or the characters.
Is it me or does it seem like a blind man came up with most of the costumes in this game
Ikagaki might need glasses.
I'm SS. Anyway yeah the Air juggling is a real problem that seriously needs to be looked at. I can't believe the amount of average players who just constantly repeat and abuse that to win against mush better players, it really pissed me off. That and the lag, but its a pretty good game, I enjoyed playing it back when I did.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
My friend who rocks at that game only has a C rating lol. He has the same problem with the A ranked people beating on him all the time.

I wish there was a score system to keep track of people in tony hawk 2 like they have with xbox live now. My friend and I were so good at that game nobody we played ever got even half our score - which we thought was very very sad. Especially considering how so many of them talked about being great at the game. Rolleyes I never could beat my friend though... he could get a million points on almost every level.... I could only do it on 2 lol.

Anyone else here used to play th2?
I was average at th2 but a friend in hs used to not sleep playing that game all the time.
I think doa would have a wider audience if they focused as much on the play mechanics as they did the girls assets. Such as adding something as simple as the ability to roll away instead of standing straight up and being open, or being able to recover after being hit. Little things like that make the gameplay frustrating and especially with such a small amount of fighters.
I constantly see S and SS ranked players though who seem to take sadistic plesure beating up on lower ranked players. The worst part is some players try to make rooms that S and SS are not invited into and you always have that one or two S or SS players who go into the room even when the room is filled with D and F ranked players. I gotten to be about a 50% w/L against A ranked players but from at least 40 fights I have done against S or SS ranked players I have only been able to sneak 3 wins
Excel saga