Baten Kaitos
Has anyone here played or is playing Baten Kaitos? I've watched the game's video and it seems superb but I haven't seen any images of the actual game. Is it any good?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
someone told me it sucked it was like a card game/turn style. so im not sure if its good he is usualy good at picking great games. when i saw the trailers for the game it looked killer but when i heard the word it wasent great im going to stay away till i can borrow it from him. also its 29.99 right now in stores so its not like wasting 50$.

try gamespot.com they usualy have in game footage.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
I picked up the game when it first came out. The story is pretty good and the graphics are great and the game is long enough. The battle system is card combat but I really like this combat system. There are plenty of things to do along the way and I think its a great game but the voice overs are lacking, but you can turn those off if you want. The one thing that dissapointed me is that there is only two movies in the game, the pre-game intro and the ending movie all else is in game graphics, its definitly worth playing.
The G4 review show Judgement Day said it pretty much sucked balls, but seeing how one of the guys on the show pretty much hates any game that's not a top 10 best seller God only knows. I've never played it myself, jsut watched their review; didn't look to bad, but the one guy that probably just sucks at the game said if you get three bad cards you'll die that battle (might have been talking about a boss battle) which sounds like BS.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I saw that episode your talking about it was Victor Lucas. He hates card combat so any card combat game he will give a bad score. He was wrong though, the cards are random hands like any card game but if you manage properly aside from a few boss battles the game is a medium difficulty at best
geo85 Wrote:I saw that episode your talking about it was Victor Lucas. He hates card combat so any card combat game he will give a bad score. He was wrong though, the cards are random hands like any card game but if you manage properly aside from a few boss battles the game is a medium difficulty at best
Victor, If I'm thinking of the right one, doesn't he seem to hate ALL video games that aren't top sellers; if it's more than 3 years old then he says it's sh!t. Isn't he also like a producer of the show or some sh!t? (I thought Greed production said it was headed by the first name of one of the hosts, but i don't remeber last names.)

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Tommy Tellarico ( i think I spelt his last name wrong) is a composer of video game music, now he has also started game developing and other stuff. Tommy is head of greed I think. I am not sure what else Victor does. Victor is the tall guy and Tommy is the short guy with black hair who is always cracking jokes.
geo85 Wrote:Tommy Tellarico ( i think I spelt his last name wrong) is a composer of video game music, now he has also started game developing and other stuff. Tommy is head of greed I think. I am not sure what else Victor does. Victor is the tall guy and Tommy is the short guy with black hair who is always cracking jokes.

Tommy, he's the rude one?

Is Victor, is he the one that always seems to do the hidden treasure segment..

it's kinda sad, I've watched the show enough times to know them apart, I just don't like the show, nor really any of the stupid shows that come on there save for like Cinematec (bad spelling) & X-Play.

Most the hosts are retarded; their whole 'lets show actors & tell people they're playing video games' thing escapes the bounds of the english language in means of suckieness.
All they do is tend to piss me off; like with Attac of the Show...ok, they exploit a bunch of junk people with actual brains know about, & claim they're just telling people about them before the sites & organizations are shut down; well when you put them on TV doesn't hat speed up the process. And how many people think they're fu*king genious becuase they know about something as stupid as internet bubble wrap???

geo85 Wrote:The battle system is card combat but I really like this combat system.

Exactly what kind of card combat is it? Like Magic the Gathering or like Poker? :p
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Exactly what kind of card combat is it? Like Magic the Gathering or like Poker? :p
I think it's like a million times better form of legend of a super-saiyan (forgget spelling)..

I'd explai further, but urine is about to be running down my leg in 35 seconds.

Batz Kage Wrote:I'd explai further, but urine is about to be running down my leg in 35 seconds.
Big Grin Ah, ah, ah! Big Grin
Its a litlle difficult to explain but easy to play and manage, here goes: You have six characters each of which have different attack cards, defense cards and specials. Then all players can use basic healing cards and such. But what the characters have equiped never changes, your cards just get stronger as you go along. Also you can trap objects into card form to use for sidequests and stuff. As you fight you gain experience, thats it, then after a while you visit a church through save point teleportation and level up. Then during certain important points you pick up special cards to increase your class= larger max cards in deck and larger hand. Its very simple in game. During the fight your hand comes up you attack, block, heal, and you can string attack cards into massive combos and even open up rare ultra specials. Its turn based card combat but there is a timer most of the time. Also you can combine mostly useless cards in combos to create ultra rare and sometimes great new cards which is a long sidequest. Your decks are real easy to manage I recommend it.
Well, I sure am interested! From what you said it's a normal RPG the only difference being the battle system. And even that battle system seems interesting enough...
Thanks everyone for the information. Smile