Fuse
I really hate wasting peoples time but seeing as how people seem to be too busy or reluctant to post or thread here I thought I would throw something up thats bothered me for the past week or so. I don't watch much tv at all, mostly techtv or a star trek re-run, but I was surfing the other day and watched a show on fuse. This show was slave to the metal. Now in my opinion metal and rock is supposed to be great music without giving a sh**t what everyone else thinks, is that not reasonable to say!? Well the whole show was a woman in "goth" answering phone, text, or email questions about people really stupid figure it out yourself releationship junk. A lot of them wanted to kknow what to wear or how to act. WTF!!!!!! Honestly, dress how you want, eat what you want and dont give in to societies ideal person BS. Granted you should at least have basic manners and its not difficult to be a decent respectable person but who cares if you wear a green shirt instead of blue. Whats going on, society is being or I should say has been hijacked by people who just want the green. I say watch tv at a minimal, read go outside and meet people or just hang out.
You yourself give in to what society wants everyday - including how you dress. Unless you dress is something that completely clashes and looks really stupid you're being influenced by somebody in some way. Your whole life is structured around what society wants. Some people just worry way too much and ask when they should think a bit for themselves.
Cidien Wrote:You yourself give in to what society wants everyday - including how you dress. Unless you dress is something that completely clashes and looks really stupid you're being influenced by somebody in some way. Your whole life is structured around what society wants. Some people just worry way too much and ask when they should think a bit for themselves.

hahaha, i was about to say something like that but shorter.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
Cidien Wrote:You yourself give in to what society wants everyday - including how you dress. Unless you dress is something that completely clashes and looks really stupid you're being influenced by somebody in some way. Your whole life is structured around what society wants. Some people just worry way too much and ask when they should think a bit for themselves.
you know you could be wrong.

I mean it's impossible to say something, such as the way someone dresses is not influenced, but I think he said you should just not give a damn.
Such as myself, in the way taht I dress;
Step 1) Walk to the closet.
Step 2) grab two random articles of clothing & hope one is top & one is bottom, if not; repeat.

No influence, although if you'd like to talk about my clothes themeselves, they were mostly picked out by my dad (an influence), but why is it he picked (most of) them rather than I? Because when I had to get school clothes I spent the entire time walking around with my mom trying to tell me what to get; so like I do every year, I say 'fu*k it' & elave the store we're at, & go to the nearest video game store & let my dad pick out what I'm gonna wear.

The absolute state of not giving a damn about fashion is when you pick something up off the floor & decide to where it despite the fact that it has more wrinkles than your grandma, just because it smells clean & is closer than the closet.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
geo85 Wrote:I say watch tv at a minimal, read go outside and meet people or just hang out.

It's not so much a matter of not watching tv as it is a matter of having enough discernment to choose things for yourself. The problem is many people aren't like that and so they end up idolizing whatever and whomever is on tv. And you know, reading can be just as bad as watching tv. Just take a look at all the s*t on sale in book stores, it can be just as mind-numbing as tv.
However, it's impossible not to be influenced by the environment that surrounds us. We are the way we are because of our genes and the environment we live in, there's no escaping that.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Batz Kage Wrote:The absolute state of not giving a damn about fashion is when you pick something up off the floor & decide to where it despite the fact that it has more wrinkles than your grandma, just because it smells clean & is closer than the closet.

Shit, I do that every once in a while. :eek:

But music seems to be a Mecca for all fashion trend beginnings. And not giving and damn is real hard, cause I usually care what I look like, but it only matters to me if I think I look good. I don't give a rats fuzz rump what other people think of my style. But if someone seriously writes in to ask should they do something over something else, and let someone who has no stake in what the decision is, they have handed their life over to someone else, and have become a voluntary slave to anonymity.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
To much in life is about image & that's why things that work souly upon gimics sell so well.

It's really gay, & half the time I can't believe how easily people are influenced (even myself at sometimes, although in most cases I tend to not give a damn about anything).

"Oh look Britney Spears is wearing this cute pink outfit!"
"Are her tits showing?"
"..no.."
"Then why the fu*k do I care???"

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Also you could say that by writing that thread I allowed the stupity of that show to influence my train of thought so I'll just go watch some anime.
Batz Kage Wrote:To much in life is about image & that's why things that work souly upon gimics sell so well.

It's really gay, & half the time I can't believe how easily people are influenced (even myself at sometimes, although in most cases I tend to not give a damn about anything).

"Oh look Britney Spears is wearing this cute pink outfit!"
"Are her tits showing?"
"..no.."
"Then why the fu*k do I care???"

I don't think there's anything wrong with being influenced just as long as we maintain our own preferences as dominant. I mean, I like fashion but I'm not going to wear some flowery skirt, which I don't like, just because it's in fashion. 93% of my clothes are black, 5% are white and only 2% percent are coloured and that's mainly because of blue jeans, so I'm not going to start wearing bright colours all of a sudden simply because everybody else is doing it. I have my own, personal taste and that's what counts the most. But I can also give you a good example of when fashion influenced me. This past winter long coats were very in fashion. Because I liked the way they looked and because I found a beautiful, white one that really pleased me, I decided to buy it. I was without a doubt influenced by the fact that they were in fashion but I only bought it because I liked it.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Batz Kage Wrote:let my dad pick out what I'm gonna wear.

The absolute state of not giving a damn about fashion is when you pick something up off the floor & decide to where it despite the fact that it has more wrinkles than your grandma, just because it smells clean & is closer than the closet.

I feel I should start a rant about you lol! Seriously have some self respect. You say how you hate people who are too influenced by Britney etc. yet your DAD tells you what to wear. First impressions count for everything so what are people going think when you show up looking like a tramp whos dad picked their clothes out for them? Hardly marriage material lol. In the real world it does matter. People do judge. There is nothing wrong with at least making an effort.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I feel I should start a rant about you lol! Seriously have some self respect. You say how you hate people who are too influenced by Britney etc. yet your DAD tells you what to wear. First impressions count for everything so what are people going think when you show up looking like a tramp whos dad picked their clothes out for them? Hardly marriage material lol. In the real world it does matter. People do judge. There is nothing wrong with at least making an effort.

Dude the day you have my mom go with you shopping you'll learn to let someone else pick your clothes for you. I mean if she picks out somethings she thinks you'd like & you say no to 3 things, she loses her temper & starts with the threats. My dad & I have a shit load in common including looks (we looked like twins when you compare the pitures of both of us when we were like 7, only I was fatter). The last shirt choice I remember going out of my way to get was when I wanted a purple shirt 2 years back, but they didn't have the color I wanted in my size, so I settled for a ugly shade & have only worn the shirt like 7-10 times.

I know people judge, sometimes to much, but it's human nature, this I know, which is why I keep my personal life out of local gossip; my future career will relay upon reputation, so unlike my friends I can't fuck up while I'm young and say 'eh, everyone will forget & even if they don't I don't give a damn'.

As for my self-respect, ha, I'm one of the most self-loatheing bastards I know, yet at the same time I do love myself more than most people I know. although i'll admit, a few days I've actually rolled over, & picked up a shirt that's been on the floor for about a month, but I really can't say it'd be dirty. Do you know what I do all day long? Most sit around, less I'm on my weight loss trip where I jog. Other than then the most athletic thing I do is lift weights.
In most cases I put on a shirt after I get a bath, take it off before sleeping & put it back on the next morning, although I most admit if you don't smell really bad, wearing the same clothes for 4-5 days is kinda comfortible (but when doing so I change my undies & socks everyday, & bathe, but just put on the same shirt & shorts, & that's only when I'm not doing anything other than sitting around all that week).

If you'd like to rant about me, I'd quite enjoy that Big Grin Attention is attention Smile :p

Batz Kage Wrote:If you'd like to rant about me, I'd quite enjoy that Big Grin Attention is attention Smile :p

Lol im tempted. I think you should let ME pick your clothes, im sure id do better than any parent!
i dont think i would let my parents pick my clothes.
but, if they were to come with me and paid it, then i'd be delighted. Big Grin
Gemini Wrote:i dont think i would let my parents pick my clothes.
but, if they were to come with me and paid it, then i'd be delighted. Big Grin
My dad will be walking around & see something like Jnco button up shirts with dragons on them & be like 'Hey, you need a few of these!'

I'll ask how much they cost, normally 25 a piece on sale, so he'll snatch up 3. I mean the shirts are nice, but I'm not sure they're worth 25 a piece, much less like 35 or whatever at full price. He tries to get me to dress 'hip'. He also buys me hair gels & glues so I can spike my hair (which I rarely do). Shittly enough, dad buys me hair stling stuff, but when ever I go to get a hair cut my mom tags along & makes me cut it all off -_-, then bitches because she doesn't like my hair short.

Batz Kage Wrote:He tries to get me to dress 'hip'. He also buys me hair gels & glues so I can spike my hair (which I rarely do). Shittly enough, dad buys me hair stling stuff, but when ever I go to get a hair cut my mom tags along & makes me cut it all off -_-, then bitches because she doesn't like my hair short.

i think i can see what you mean. i have 4 younger brothers and my parents act somewhat like that. dad wants his sons to look cool and mother decides the hairstyle.
i dunno, maybe its because i was the only girl and decided to have my own choices on clothing and hair style.