xbox360+FFXl=?
Does anyone play ffxl? Do any of you think you'll play it on the 360? I never bothered with ffxl because of the poor online support from sony but I will buy it when it comes out on the 360 because the support is there. What does everyone else think?
FFXI sucks. If you have a decent computer buy just about any other mmorpg... not lineage that sucks too. Buy WoW or EQ2. WoW if you like to solo and pvp and EQ2 if you want to group and play in a really cool world made 10x as cool if you've ever played EQ1. My problem is I like to group and play in the EQ2 world but I like to pvp. Big Grin

Also, I havn't played it but i've heard some good things about city of heroes and I hear guild wars rocks.
i hate to say it but i am not sure if Square will allow a seperate worlds for only xbox people. I thought it was going to be played on Square's servers and actually not through Live.. (game don't have to go through live to play on teh internet).

And also it wasn't Sony Online support.. FFXI on the PS2 went through Square's stuff only used to adapter to get onto the internet.

But maybe someone with more info could show me actual details.. Though i heard FFXI got really bad with all teh botters and such..
yeah i agree with Ciden when he says play almost any other mmorpg

I am a huge fan of the final fantasy series like i have beat all of them except 2 and 6 but i almost beat 6 and even though i love the series immensly the ff11 mmorpg made me cringe.

Even if i could buy it for 20 dollars and never have to pay money for it per month i doubt it would be worth it.

try before you buy
Cyrus
i can't speak much i play Eq2. Got a lvl 50 Zerker, 50 Woodworker hehe working on a cleric now lvl 25..
Well good or bad I might pick it up on one condition. If the game can be played without having to pay an extra fee outside the regular X-Box live membership. But I am always careful on getting titles until I get to chat with people who have played the 360 version. I am never one of the types that get a game the first day it comes out
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
I wish theyd put eq2 on the 360 so I could play it without lag lol.

BTW Schultz, i'm playing on antonia bayle now with my RL best friend who's finally moving back to Fargo. =P He created a good character there instead of on our server as evil because... he's stupid I guess. lol Rolleyes

Froglocks were just unlocked on najena btw. Can play around with customization if ya want. Of course you probably coulda done the solo quest pretty fast yourself.
geo85 Wrote:Does anyone play ffxl? Do any of you think you'll play it on the 360? I never bothered with ffxl because of the poor online support from sony but I will buy it when it comes out on the 360 because the support is there. What does everyone else think?

are you sure its going to be ffxi? from what ive been hearing it is going to be an entireley new FF MMO
Just look it up on gamespot.com, yes it is FFX1, it will be on the same servers as the sony and pc users but you wont have to pay an extra fee and the 360 version will have upgraded character models and visuals. While at my friends one thing that put me off was the lack of english speaking players, I think with play on the 360 it will bring in much more american users. I know ill play it.
Ok here is the deal. Essentially the PC version is being ported to the 360, so all the improvements made to the PC version will be there. (Although not sure about the add-on packs). There are 2 versions of XBL one where you pay and can play games online, and the other free one where you can do voice chat and download content, but it also allows you to play MMORPG's because these games require their own fees. Yes it will have a monthly fee.

I have not played it but I might give it a go, its not supposed to be THAT bad afterall. And yes PC, PS2 and XBox360 people WILL be able to play together. Overall even if you dislike the game getting it on 360 is a good move from M$ and Square-Enix.

SE are also working on another un-named MMORPG that was showcased as a tech demo behind closed doors at M$'s E3 show. So that for the most part guarantees its on X360, but SE have not officially announced a platform yet so it could be multi-platform, but it will almost definatly be on X360.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan