English problems!!!!!Can anyone help me???
Hi I am pythoness come from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you.

I want to ask what is the English of 同人誌????
It is a Japanese term which mean a book contain a lot of FanArt or Fanfiction.In Hong Kong, we simply use the Japanese term.

Also, did America or other Europe countries have Comic Party???That is a programme of selling FanArt and having cosplay.I would like to know how often do those party hold and where do they hold as I may leave Hong Kong soon for studying and I like to join the Comic parties there.

I am planning to publish a polyglot 同人誌 (a Chinese version and an English version, if I finished my Japanese course I may even publish a Japnese version).Therefore I need to know some special terms on Anime and manga in English. Hope you can help me.

Thank you.
My blog

I am keen on watching Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny!!!!!!!
I'm not exactly sure, but I think this might be what you are looking for. If not it will at least help.

Doujin
From The Falcom Encyclopedia
"Doujin is the Japanese word for unofficial derivative works, created by and for fans. The most common doujin is doujinshi; "fanfic" manga. Other forms of doujin include video games, short anime, books, fan art, live-action performances, radio plays, etc. The most common subjects of doujin are manga and anime, but doujin based on other works (novels, video games, live-action TV shows, etc.) exist as well."
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
It also sounds like these comic parties have a lot in common with Anime conventions in the USA.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
The japanese pronouncication of the phrase you posted is dou-jin-shi "dough-jen-she". There isn't a english word for it as in english it's called doujinshi or "fan-fiction".

欢迎!
I've never seen conventions of doujinshi as depicted in Comic Party.

What I have seen are artists galleries that are part of anime, sci-fi or comic book conventions. These conventions feature professional creators who host workshops or discussion panels. The amature creators are usually stuffed into the back of the hall but are great fun to chat with.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Thank you very much.
All the information is very useful.I know more now.
thank you.
My blog

I am keen on watching Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny!!!!!!!
On a totally unrelated note: your sig is HUGE :eek:
you may wanna reduce it
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
vegeta76 Wrote:On a totally unrelated note: your sig is HUGE :eek:
you may wanna reduce it

I was gonna say that...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection