Doom 3 (X-Box)
Anybody getting this for X-Box? I personally cant wait! Big Grin Big Grin :eek:
I will simply because even the highest end pcs have some trouble running it. How the xbox is supposed to run this... hell if I know. Probably gonna be like running the PC version on the lowest graphics settings. Either that or it will be like Halo 2 and the graphics just wont work right.
i own the comp version

i just warn you to play before you buy it was a real let down.

and i am a huge DOOM fan
Cyrus
I agree its not everyones cup of tea.Doom was cool in its day.But games have progresed since then.Doom 3 has not.Its very repetitive blasting with a torch thrown in.My biggest gripe with the game is that the darkness and the torch was spouted as great by reviewers then when you play it, walk into room with torch,see bad guy, change to gun, kill bad guy, find next room ,pull out torch, enter next room.After hours apon hours of that i gave in.
Lots of my friends absolutly loved it though.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Cyrus Wrote:i own the comp version

i just warn you to play before you buy it was a real let down.

and i am a huge DOOM fan
Reminds me of Penny-Arcade, they were well awaiting the game so that someone could make an actually good game with the engine it uses Big Grin
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
it is a let down...anyway ya all be amazed by the conversion...its shocking considering the specs, trust ive played the leaked beta
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
for instance the multyplayed is a whopping 4 player max so lets just hope the remedy that problem on x box cus you can do little tricks and use programs to play more then 4 but it's so laggy it's miserable.

Don't get me wrong old doom was cool 1 on 1 or 4 for all but this new one just no way and i agree the flashlight thing is really annoying cus a lot of the time you will get hit cus the monster will shoot you while your switching and i'm willing to say it has good lighting effects and the sound is pretty good but thats about all

to be honest i would of rather seen a remastered version of the old dooms over this new one.
Cyrus
All the reviews so far say that there is absolutely no lag anywhere in the x-box port or multiplayer, and the xbox will have two player co-op. The flashlight was pretty stupid, what do they not have duck tape in the future, just slap it on the gun man. But that was done to add more suspense to the game since it is supposed to be a horror game. But most of all this game is a stepping stone for ID, so you can probably expect some awesome games for the next gen consoles.
Well they can do it because they know exactly what they are programming for.. They can use Processor optimizations fully along with Graphics engine optimizations so they can fine tune and get everything they can outta the hardware.. Plus its not like you will be playing in 1600x1200 32bit color resolution on the Xbox.. ;o) So thats why it can run it since it's lower resolutions and such.