Kenshin!Kenshin! OAV *spoiler alert*
I've just finished watching the Ruroni Kenshin OVA series but dont really know whats going on! I've watched the TV series 1-95 but when I watch the OVA, suddenly Kenshin has this disease and I wanna know what it is! And Im assuming that Kaoru gets the disease from him in bed? Am I wrong? Please someone tell me what I've missed!
missnaomi Wrote:I've just finished watching the Ruroni Kenshin OVA series but dont really know whats going on! I've watched the TV series 1-95 but when I watch the OVA, suddenly Kenshin has this disease and I wanna know what it is! And Im assuming that Kaoru gets the disease from him in bed? Am I wrong? Please someone tell me what I've missed!

Damnit! I havent even seen the OVAs yet so put spolier alert!!! :mad:
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Yea i will edit the title for yea but too late now for you.. ;o)
Ok and to finish your question..

After kenshin gave up the sword to Yaiko he still couldn't sit still and not wander / help people.. So he would go out and try to help people suffereing not with his sword but just helping people in general. Well in one of his ventures he contracts a uncurable diesease at that time.. i think it's leprosy. He then knows this but keeps trying to go on..

For the most of the first part its actually Karou that is having flash backs of everything that has happened from when they first met to where they fight Ensui which is actually Tomo's brother. After that they go into current time when Megumi is helping Karou and Sano is helping to get kenshin back to Karou so that they can see each other..

Also karou willingly took the diesease so that she could share the pain that kenshin is going through.

anymore questions i am sure i can clear them up.. (Kenshin is my absolute favorite anime)
missnaomi Wrote:I've just finished watching the Ruroni Kenshin OVA series but dont really know whats going on! I've watched the TV series 1-95 but when I watch the OVA, suddenly Kenshin has this disease and I wanna know what it is! And Im assuming that Kaoru gets the disease from him in bed? Am I wrong? Please someone tell me what I've missed!

That OVA is called Reflection and IMO it sucks damn bad! It's about what happened after the TV series. If I had seen Reflection without seeing Trust and Betrayal or the Tv seires then I would think Kenshin was crap.
-Kanon!!
You just hate it cause he dies.. ;o)

All in all its great cept that one part plus the diesease.. Because him fighting Ensui is awesome.. Plus when Yaiko fights Kenji i thought was awesome. To see Yaiko how he is now.. and actually somewhat grown up with his own girl.. hehe
I heard that the series starts to go downhill during the third boxset. A few of my friends said they stopped watching it after that.

is it really as bad as they are making it out to be :confused:
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
Bah! I didn't know kenshin dies yet! Crap. That's one of the few spoilers I rather wouldn't have seen lol.
Cidien Wrote:Bah! I didn't know kenshin dies yet! Crap. That's one of the few spoilers I rather wouldn't have seen lol.
heh i put it in the titles.. you where warned.. ;o)
Its not that is bad.. its just it came after the Shishro saga. which is the best part of the whole series. So most of the stories after that are not as interesting or as great.. So alot of people view it as boring and slow.. its basically think of taking a movie and having the highlight of the plot about in the middle to 3/5's of the way throuhg and then the rest is decent but basically you have already went through the highlight part of it all.
o ok. that makes sense Smile
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
The endings for the Kenshin TV series and OVAs are utter BS. If you want the TRUE ending, you have to read the manga. The Seishouhen OVA butchered the story of how Enishi kidnapped Kaoru, and faked her death to cause Kenshin and readers to experience a living hell of depression. Also, Saitou, Aoshi, and Yahiko all help in the end against Enishi's Chinese gang members before Kenshin fights Enishi for the last time. Heck, even Enishi's nerves of insanity, and Kenshin's final sword technique was never even mentioned. So...if you think that the OVAs and TV series do an adequate job, think again.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
I know what the true story is.. I know that Ensui actually had a group and there was more involved.. But guess what.. we are not talking about the manga's here are we? we are talking about the OAV's that she watched..
If you just watch the last 30 eps. without reading all the bs that manga fanboys are sprouting I found them to be quite enjoyable. Every anime that doesn't follow the manga exactly gets this same bs so I just don't listen to it anymore. Take the anime as it is and judge it accordingly. All the eps. in the last part of the anime are short stories but fun to watch. They don't match up against the first 2 arcs but still they are more fun to watch than half of the other animes out there. Its still Kenshin afterall.

But that last OVA totaly lost me and was IMO the worst part of the animated series. So badly written. After reading Schultz explanation just now is the first time I actually understood part of it. Never bothered to watch it for the second time though.
elcoholic Wrote:If you just watch the last 30 eps. without reading all the bs that manga fanboys are sprouting I found them to be quite enjoyable. Every anime that doesn't follow the manga exactly gets this same bs so I just don't listen to it anymore.

I actually enjoy it when an anime isn't completely faithful to the manga. Watching Ranma 1/2 really spoiled the manga for me because they are so alike I get really bored reading the manga, I've seen all of that already! On the other hand when an anime keeps true to the original story but goes about things in its own way the result is usually very refreshing. A good example of that is Soul Hunter based on the Houshin Engi manga. Although the anime is 26 episodes long and the manga is comprised of 23 volumes, which means some things had to be kept out of the anime, they're both very good! I've been buying the manga for quite some time now and I can tell you the anime pleased me very much. What I don't like is when an anime is so completely different from the manga it looks like they're two different stories. Like Samurai Deeper Kyo. Still, I have to admit that I enjoyed watching it. :p

As far as Kenshin goes I have yet to watch Reflection but I have watched and absolutely loved Trust & Betrayal. I also adore the TV series and I personally don't think it's boring at all. I really don't like the idea that Kenshin dies but, oh well (of course I'm saying this right now but I'll cry my eyes out when I see it :p )!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]