Are fansubs legal?
elcoholic Wrote:I think its illegal to tamper with material that doesn't belong to you and to distribute something (free or not) that isn't yours is always illegal. So spike, I don't think fansubs are legal under any circumstance but no way in hell anyone will prosecute you for it. Not that I give a fuck ofcourse Big Grin

That is very true and the chances of a prosecution are EXTREMELY low as has been stated before it's not worth the time, the money, or the effort for the companies. Personally I think it might HELP animes popularity in English speaking countries because it sparks intrest even before the anime is liscensed and released. But illegal leagal who gives a damn if it's cheap, easy, and good it's illegal...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Bah... fansubbing is still alive via the internet. There are a bigillion people DLing anime via the internet. If you plan on buying the series I don't see harm in downloading a couple of episodes. Anime doesn't have trailers like movies do or any samples like music. Then again some anime mags had DVDs with one episode but then again you can't judge a whole series by one episode.
True enough Elcoholic! Just out out curiosity does anyone get their dl'ed anime from boxtorrent.com? I've been wanting to check some stuff out but havent had to much luck with my stellar dial up connection! Cool
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
Spike_8 Wrote:Fansubs are dead!!! Plain & simple!!!!!!

What dream world do you live in? Er hello - http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl

You're the fool who's been sending money away.
It's illegal to download mp3s too but I'm not stopping anytime soon. Big Grin
[Image: totororun7ut.gif]
Spike_8 Wrote:True enough Elcoholic! Just out out curiosity does anyone get their dl'ed anime from boxtorrent.com? I've been wanting to check some stuff out but havent had to much luck with my stellar dial up connection! Cool

I've grabbed the odd naruto epp. from them but somehow their page always takes a really long time to load for me so I usually dl my anime from other places. Their ok though.

Thanks for that link Gubi. Awesome site I didn't know about yet. I'll be using them alot starting now Big Grin
We've already covered why they are illegal reguardless of who/where you are unless in like hong kong or something. Try reading the thread before posting.
elcoholic Wrote:Thanks for that link Gubi. Awesome site I didn't know about yet. I'll be using them alot starting now Big Grin

Yeh they are DAMN good! Good for getting CRC's for files got from other networks Wink
gubi when I said fansubs are dead I meant like the old vhs distro's not digi-subs!
& i second elcoholic's statement NICE LINK!!! Big Grin
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
Spike_8 Wrote:gubi when I said fansubs are dead I meant like the old vhs distro's not digi-subs!
& i second elcoholic's statement NICE LINK!!! Big Grin

I'd apologise but I gave you that nice link so were even lol Big Grin
Cidien Wrote:We've already covered why they are illegal reguardless of who/where you are unless in like hong kong or something. Try reading the thread before posting.
They are illegal in HK too.

------------------

Although Japanese companies rarely prosecute fansubbers, they may have more incentive to do so as many Japanese ppl are downloading them since there are fansubs which are dvdrips of the R2.
Zagatto on Women:

Something I learned through the years is that if you please one woman then you've got two or three women that think you're great.
If you piss off one woman then you have twenty or thirty that think you're garbage.
wow i thought that link was more common with people that download anime via networks.. hehe i have used that thing for ages.. Only thing that sucks is finding older epiosodes since people generally don't share them..
yeah getting older eps sucks...esp on BT as they are Dead as dust
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
yup only complaint about BT.. if you are too late good luck.. while with eDonkey and those.. lots of people tend to "Forgot" they have it sitting in there shared folder.. but with BT you have to concienscly share them..
Schultz Wrote:yup only complaint about BT.. if you are too late good luck.. while with eDonkey and those.. lots of people tend to "Forgot" they have it sitting in there shared folder.. but with BT you have to concienscly share them..

DC++ Its the way forward! Wink