locking stale threads?
I was just thinking that it would be great if threads that haven't had any activity in 30 days automatically closed. This would prevent people from bringing up old conversations (unless they really wanted to cut and paste) and folks would still be able to read what has passed before.

Does anyone else agree with me or is there a good reason for leaving old threads living to be brought up out of the darkness?
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:I was just thinking that it would be great if threads that haven't had any activity in 30 days automatically closed. This would prevent people from bringing up old conversations (unless they really wanted to cut and paste) and folks would still be able to read what has passed before.

Does anyone else agree with me or is there a good reason for leaving old threads living to be brought up out of the darkness?

Probally be a good idea since old threads come up and it seems to annoy a lot of people..
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Probally be a good idea since old threads come up and it seems to annoy a lot of people..

Here is what I see happening. Someone comes in on like day 31. They?re new, and they want to comment on something, so they make a new thread. Someone jumps their ass cause "we just had a thread like that" and then we lose the new person. Three months to me would be about the right amount of time, maybe two, but one is too little. But locking old threads is something I definitely am in favor of.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
30 days is waaaaay to fast in my opinion, I think if it is 3-6 months old, then lock it.
Its very feasable to do.. Only problem is figuring a good amount of time to lock them.
I agree with rarnom cause 1 month is way to fast.
I would say 4-6 months and then lock em.
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
I agree 1 month is too fast but then i think 4-6 months is way too long.. I am personally thinking 2-3 months..
2 to 3 months sounds reasonable to me... I'm leaning closer to 2 than 3 though.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Ya... I guess 2-3 does sound a little more realistic.
vegeta76 Wrote:Ya... I guess 2-3 does sound a little more realistic.

Wow the same numbers of recognized songs that Hammer had. What a coincedence.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Wow the same numbers of recognized songs that Hammer had. What a coincedence.

... WTF is with you and hammer???? :confused:
Ok i will start rearching what i need to do to get the forums to do this. I don't think it will be hard to do at all though.. Now just decide 2 or 3? hehe