Sad Naruto News
What's the sad news??? Naruto doens't even belong on Adult Swim anyway. Naruto is a Kids show target towards kids. It makes more sense if Naruto ended up on Toonami rather than Adult Swim.

Plus add the fact that it would be really stupid for the anime company that will own Naruto to put it on AS, it's not the right targeted audience (the audience they would target as the same that DBZ was targeted for) and Naruto won't get as many viewers on AS I don't see any kids under the age 11 staying up to see Naruto that late. Again it makes more sense to put it on Toonami.

Toonami: More viewers + The Right Targeted Age Group= $$$$

AS: Less viewers- Wrong Targeted Age Group= Less $$$$

See my point?
I didn't hate ADV for their dubs a few years ago, but they did give me a bad impression for licencing crappy anime like Tekken and Final Fantasy Legend of the Crystals. But qutie frankly, I still love them for Battle Angel and Devil Hunter Yohko.

I don't mind Naruto being brought to the U.S. as long as it's not under 4Kids as people are afraid of right now.

I still have yet to watch FUNi's version to Yuu Yuu Hakushou. The last time I ever saw it was when I was in the Philippines as a kid (it was under the name Ghost Fighter). I remember Saban having DBZ and changing the dialogue to very horrible lines such as "I'M GOING TO SEND YOU TO THE NEXT DIMENSION" which pretty much turned off most of the DBZ fans. But FUNi did a good job with the dialogue, but a moderate job with the voice acting.

I always thought Ocean Studios was the best for dubs. I personally think the Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu dub is far superior to the original Japanese voice acting. Despite the changes with Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers, anime fans of that generation just somehow instantly fell in love with it. I used to think the Ranma dub was equal to the original Japanese dialouge until they started changing some of the voice actors. I just thought that Richard Cox could never really do the great job that Sarah Strange did as Ranma and just made him sound more whiney than aggresive (which is also his flaw as Inuyasha).

And of course people learned to fall in love with dubs thanks to Cowboy Bebop (but I thought the dub eventually got overrated and overpraised, not saying that it sucks).

As of right now, I would like to see Naruto come to the U.S. licenced. I think it would be a good thing. The only country I know of that has Naruto licenced is just the Philippines and it's doing remarkably well over there right now. It's undisputed that Naruto licenced in America will be an instant success (hopefully not under the evil hands of 4Kids).
ZODDGUTS Wrote:What's the sad news??? Naruto doens't even belong on Adult Swim anyway. Naruto is a Kids show target towards kids. It makes more sense if Naruto ended up on Toonami rather than Adult Swim.

Plus add the fact that it would be really stupid for the anime company that will own Naruto to put it on AS, it's not the right targeted audience (the audience they would target as the same that DBZ was targeted for) and Naruto won't get as many viewers on AS I don't see any kids under the age 11 staying up to see Naruto that late. Again it makes more sense to put it on Toonami.

See my point?

You havn't actualled watched more than a few episodes of Naruto have you? If you had you would know how completely stupid what you just said is.
Quote:Naruto is a Kids show target towards kids. It makes more sense if Naruto ended up on Toonami rather than Adult Swim.

Is Inuyasha a kids show? If so, what business does that show have in Adult Swim (which is currently the case on CN)?
--
Travel The Anime Expressway
http://www.animeexpressway.com/
Inuyasha is way more of a kids show than Naruto is. However, I don't consider Inuyasha a kids show either.
I haven't seen more than 4 episodes of Naruto. I do know that Toonami will draw it far more of a fan following which will lead to more sales than Adult Swim would.
Takahashi-sensei targets most of her stuff, including Inuyasha mostly toward Jr. High girls. But due to her reputation, it tends to get more than the audience she targets. She's practically a household name over in Japan and is one of Japan's richest women.

As for Naruto, I say it's kind of the same since it has the (positive) Dragon Ball feel as some people would put it which is why it's popular to more than just kids.

Hokuto no Ken is the most violent anime I know of and it was popular among kids itself.
Naruto and DBZ really aren't very similar except they both have awesome fights to watch. Naruto is a way better show, and i love dbz.
I didn't necessarily say they were the same in that kind of context. I was saying it in the context of how it appeals to all age audiences despite it only targets to kids. Sorry that I wasn't clear.
ParaParaJMo Wrote:Takahashi-sensei targets most of her stuff, including Inuyasha mostly toward Jr. High girls.

Since when?! She's always been shounen and not shoujo...
She said it in an interview in the late 90s

Most of the fans I met in Japan that I were able to talk with were mostly Jr. High girls anyway.
ParaParaJMo Wrote:She said it in an interview in the late 90s

Most of the fans I met in Japan that I were able to talk with were mostly Jr. High girls anyway.

Nearly all her greatest works have been serialized in Shounen Sunday. Girls might like them but they aren't aimed at them.
It is true they are seralized in Shounen Sunday, I never said they weren't. If you can, find her interview in Animerica Vol 1 No 2, she says her target audience for Ranma and Inuyasha is mostly Jr. High girls.

However, she does acknowledge that Urusei Yatsura was more popular among males during it's time.
Well quote it if you can because the only interview I can find has her saying "I do feel the pressure, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm at the age when I can keep on drawing shounen manga ("boy's comics") forever. But I do... I do want to keep on drawing shounen manga until I die." So why wouldn't she say shoujo if she aimed her work at girls?
ZODDGUTS Wrote:What's the sad news??? Naruto doens't even belong on Adult Swim anyway. Naruto is a Kids show target towards kids. It makes more sense if Naruto ended up on Toonami rather than Adult Swim.

See my point?

Blah, Blah, Blah...Ninja Centerfold Bizatch! Though you are right about it not really being suited for Adultswim, but I don't see Toonami making much off of it, since it is only on once a week. As long as their is a TV version AND an Uncut version, I don't care where it gets shown.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe