Is it legal to sell region 0 HK DVD sets on Ebay?
Is it legal to sell region 0 HK DVD sets on Ebay? I see LOADS of them up for sale on there with or without bids. But Import-Anime prices still beat everyones.
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
No. But ebay does nothing as long as noone complains. If you send a complaint to ebay saying xx seller is selling bootlegs they will get their account suspended. Every once in a while the R1 companies do a sweep and lots of sets are taken of ebay. It has been a while since that happened though.
elcoholic Wrote:No. But ebay does nothing as long as noone complains. If you send a complaint to ebay saying xx seller is selling bootlegs they will get their account suspended. Every once in a while the R1 companies do a sweep and lots of sets are taken of ebay. It has been a while since that happened though.

I don't think Ebay will even listen to a regular user. It has to be the license holder of that particular anime that has to complain. At least that's how it used to be.
Well, I've never tried it ofcourse Wink
elcoholic Wrote:Well, I've never tried it ofcourse Wink

I haven't either, but people in the AoD forums love to bitch. So I hear about things.
Vicious Wrote:I haven't either, but people in the AoD forums love to bitch. So I hear about things.
No kidding. 1 day after a bitchin about whatever is posted, invariably the thread is like 10 pages long! :p :eek:
I've seen titles from ADV taken down by Ebay frequently, titles from VIZ taken down by Ebay once in a while so if none of the companies complain against you, you could sell anything on Ebay.