finally got psp
Oh yeah I got lumines today but only got to play it for about 30 mins before going to work.It seems like a really good puzzel game.I need more time to play it though as there seems to be more to it than you first think.Ill post some better impressions in a few days once ive had a proper play around with it.My cousin has been playing it while i was away and he's hooked.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
I am just curious what format does the PSP play? You can't use normal Mp4 or simeler type video formats without converting can yea?

But as side i can't wait till i get my Dell x50v which can play high quality video downloads which looking forward to so i can watch anime on that.. Plus no need to reencode it for anything as it plays all normal video files..
Apparently there are several differnet standards of mp4..however i dont know crap about all that stuff.Each program seems to be slightly different and some may not work.Everything that runs on quicktime seems to be working for me.Ive been encoding it all myself so i wouldnt really know with certainty.
Sound cool with the dell.Ive never been into the idea of portable media but now that i have the psp i find i use it quite a bit.
Well you are getting confused.. there is only one standard of mp4 as thats the File Container which can hold multiple different video formats.. or can store Mpeg 4 video which has different profile levels from SImple profile to Advanced Simple etc.. also you can store other things in the mp4 files.. As Apple stores AAC in mp4 files for there iTunes store. as the specs from teh Mpeg who ever its standard to use Mpeg 4 and AAC in the mp4 file but anything can be put into it. Is there any where to look at what the player supports as in video formats? and yea i have done alot of video encoding on windows just wondering if you can use your own stuff and not have to be forced to make it with certain software...

Yea this will be the first PDA that i can get that will be able to handle the full res of most downloads. without having to reencode them to alot smaller files.. Maybe get a 1 gig stick so that i can put fulll downloaded movies on it..
wow thanks.Yeah ive got no idea when it comes to all that stuff.I got sick of trying to keep up with computers and stuff years ago.Now if it isnt a matter of turning something on and it working i tend to get pissed off.
On the gaming age forums there is a thread that talks about video encoding which might have what your after in it
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=27624 its more about the best quality sttings and stuff but there may be something.
The current reviewer on psp ign tried to explain the whole mpeg thing once but it shot over my head.
Again sorry how hard it is to read what i type as it just seems my thoughts run together when i type.. Starting to re-read my posts.

Just a litle history about thing..
Mpeg 1 specs have different choices.. they have the file format of Mpg but they have Mpeg 1 video standards and there is actually two audio formats called Mpeg 1 Layer 2 audio which is generally refered to as mp2 which you hardly ever see and the more common which you already know which is actuall Mpeg 1 layer 3 commonly known as Mp3 ;o) it was acutally part of the mpeg 1 specs.

Now you have Mpeg 2 which is used in dvd's and besides that i don't think there was a new container or audio to go with it.. and now you have

Mpeg 4 which has spec for a container commenly know as mp4, the video codecs which DivX 4+ and Xvid and Nero Mpeg 4 codecs are all Mpeg 4 videos but they are but they all kinda support different definitions of all the mpeg 4 profiles. which are defined so that you make standalone players support certain profiles and if the codec properly encodes to the profile then the standalone player will support it. And for Mpeg 4 the audio choice is AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) and is actually really nice and does better then Mp3's.

Also i think if i remember right Apple's latest Quicktime codec uses Mpeg 4 as it's video format and .mov files are just containers to hold the video data which you can place different types of videos in teh containers.. (Same as avi is just a container)

I know this is a long format of what i just posted above.. maybe a little bit clearer. also a little bit might be off as i am totally recalling from memory which you know how that can be.. BUt when i get home (At work atm) i will check that link.

Though can you post to the software your using or does it come with the Psp.
hey new to the forum and just have a question about the system you said that you paid around 300 for the system was that for a value pack or just for the system with ridge racer. and where did you get a price like that all the ones that where up on ebay were 500-600 U.S.
Dyne12 Wrote:hey new to the forum and just have a question about the system you said that you paid around 300 for the system was that for a value pack or just for the system with ridge racer. and where did you get a price like that all the ones that where up on ebay were 500-600 U.S.

While some things cost less on E-Bay a LOT of things cost more it all depends on the item as well as the seller. Rarity is also a huge factor there hope that helps explain. My bet is he got it from an online store or something like that...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Im using 3gpconverter which i got here http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/ there is a link before the second pic.However the program is japanese i think so getting info on it may be difficult.Some people are apparently also using nero recode as well.
Dyne12 The 2 cheapest places I have found the psp are buygame2.com and micmic.net
I got the normal pack Both those sites have the psps in bundles with a game for a reasonable price. micmic.net is slightly more expensive but you get the screen protector instead of having to add it.The prices for psp have been getting lower as the US launch gets closer but they seem to have settled for the last week odd.Even lik-sang.com sell them cheaper than some ebay sellers.The value pack isnt necesarily that great.Its cheap for what it is but doesnt perform as well as getting stuff seperatly.The headphones arnt that great and the remote is hard to use and there are alot better cases coming out like the nyko charger pack.The memory stick is only big enough for saves, allthough its big enough that you probably wouldnt ever have to buy another for saves.Most people on igns forums are saying to spend the extra money on a 512 meg stick instead.
Finally got to mess with one for a while, got to play Ridge Racer and Vampire Chronicles, damn the loading time sucks, it makes the original PSX seem real fast. The graphics are nice and crisp and the games look real good on the screen, still satisfied with the DS though. I really don't want to watch my movies on the PSP.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Vampire Chronicles? Any relation to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
No, sorry its a Capcom fighter known as Darkstalkers and Night Warriors here in the states. You a fan of Anne Rice, I've been to her house in New Orleans and got to meet her son.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I should check her house out also.. I am a fan of the serious except for like the 5th book in the series.. I had to stop reading it.. got very very boring i should just skip and go to the next one.
evilomar Wrote:No, sorry its a Capcom fighter known as Darkstalkers and Night Warriors here in the states. You a fan of Anne Rice, I've been to her house in New Orleans and got to meet her son.

You've been to the First Street house? To the Rosegate? Okay, I'm just going to kill myself now... :p I really wanted to see that house, inside out! Right now I'm 250 pages away from the ending of The Witching Hour and I just love Rice's descriptions of the house.
I actually thought the game was based on her books but I've heard of Darkstalkers (have the manga).

Schultz Wrote:I should check her house out also.. I am a fan of the serious except for like the 5th book in the series.. I had to stop reading it.. got very very boring i should just skip and go to the next one.

I suppose you're talking about Memnoch The Devil, right? I agree that it's her worse book but I actually found the use of catholic mythology interesting. Her latest Vampire Chronicles, Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle (the 6th and 7th books) are very good. I've read some readers' reviews stating otherwise but I personaly loved them and apparently so did the New York Times's critics (if that's worth anything).
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
US price $250 for value pack(headphones memory card etc inclueded) that will be the only pack released.299 CAD