Blue-ray it is!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/07/...15988.html

EA announced that they will support the blue-ray format as opposed to HD-dvd. Sony already announced to use blue-ray on the ps3 while m$ wants to go the HD-dvd direction. If M$ goes through with their plans and use HD-DVD it would mean no EA titles on the xbox2.

Discuss.
Arn't microsoft one of the supporters of hddvd. Doesnt really leave them much choice for xbox2.Sony have a major advantage here and the ps3 is a perfect oportunity to help push the format.Sony's whole theme of cross producing stuff between its different lines(tvs playstations etc) must be a huge help to lowering the cost of its products.As far as what medium each console uses that could make a huge impact on what consumers would buy.Assuming that the drives support movie playback.Alot of people argue that adding dvd playback to a ps2 was useless but i think it actually got alot more use than was first thought.The less amount of electronics you need to do the same thing the better imo.As long as they do it right.At this stage it looks like more of the movie industry is supporting blur-ray. I dont know what the cost on HD-dvd is but blue-ray is meant to be comparable to dvds so thats a bonus for sony as well.Although thats all over a long term as for most people getting a console willl probably be their first ownership of the drive unlike when ps2 came out dvd was allready well established.
EA not going xbox 2 would be a blow to them.Even though there is extreme hate for EA on the net the fact their games sell so well says something.
All in all my writing is just a load of bollocks cause im bored and speculating over consoles and whos going to support them when we dont even know what the console will be or when it will be might be trying to read a little to far into things we couldnt posibly come close to grasping considering we have nothing to go by anyway.not dissing you just wondering to myself why we bother speculating in the first place.i must be tired or something.That and i just finished watching through heat guy j's first disk in one sitting Smile
I know im gunna read this tommorow and wonder what i was thinking and why im so of topic and dribling.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
wrxh8r Wrote:.not dissing you just wondering to myself why we bother speculating in the first place.i must be tired or something.That and i just finished watching through heat guy j's first disk in one sitting Smile
I know im gunna read this tommorow and wonder what i was thinking and why im so of topic and dribling.

Im already wondering what your thinking...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Just to be clear, Microsoft may be supporting HD-DVD, but that does mean that X-box2 will necessarily use it, as far as I'm aware a format for Microsofts next console has not been announced.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:Just to be clear, Microsoft may be supporting HD-DVD, but that does mean that X-box2 will necessarily use it, as far as I'm aware a format for Microsofts next console has not been announced.

No it hasn't but I think EA just made the choice for them Cool