Is Evangelion anti Religion?
Jinpun Wrote:I believe you are refering to all the Kabbalistic references it the show. Such as the tree of life, Sephirothic ToL, etc.

Those are all part of Kabbalism, which is a part of Judeaism.

Yeh I shouldnt of said Christian as there are more Old Testament Bible references (and stuff that wasn?t allowed into the bible) than anything 'Christian' as such... Dead sea scroll references with stuff about Lilith etc and even references to stories that the angels bred with humans to create giant beasts... Ancient Hebrew stuff more than actual Christian...

Black Howling Wrote:There is nothing wrong with it. But what I was trying to say was that there was an unbalance between the giant robots fighting to kick some alien ass and the main charcter dealing with his socialy retarded problams. I like the development of the heros it really makes you care but as a result the action suffed. The fights don't last very long, and 'Spoiler'= In End Of Evangelion I was expecting Shinji to totally beat the fucking shit out of the rest of the EVA's. But instead he just breaks down and lets the world get destroyed!' If the same amount of develoment could be keep and have a good amount of action then I wouldn't complain. But the truth is that the action was takin away for the story. One anime that has a good balance between story and action is Giant Robo. Simply put Evangelian lacked action.

Yeah I suppose you're right. I dont really like Giant Robot anime but this I did because I guess it really isnt about the Giant Robots...
um i'm kinda atheist, however u spell it, so religion doesn't play a big part in my world, even though i constantly get into debates bout it in school. however, i always found evangelion a religious anime, i wasn't really sure how though, it juss seemed kinda weird to me, being religious, but u wouldn't kno it if u weren't really religious. kinda confuses me, but doesn't stop the show from totally rocking.
Black Howling Wrote:There is nothing wrong with it. But what I was trying to say was that there was an unbalance between the giant robots fighting to kick some alien ass and the main charcter dealing with his socialy retarded problams. I like the development of the heros it really makes you care but as a result the action suffed. The fights don't last very long, and 'Spoiler'= In End Of Evangelion I was expecting Shinji to totally beat the fucking shit out of the rest of the EVA's. But instead he just breaks down and lets the world get destroyed!' If the same amount of develoment could be keep and have a good amount of action then I wouldn't complain. But the truth is that the action was takin away for the story. One anime that has a good balance between story and action is Giant Robo. Simply put Evangelian lacked action.

I agree completly Neon Genisis was good but the movies and last episode just made Shinji look like more of wuss and social cripple the rest of the main charactors look like they extremly serious social and mental problems. That was it.