Poll: Permna-Ban Voting
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
good idea
42.86%
9 42.86%
it sucks
57.14%
12 57.14%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Permna-Ban Voting
Hey, sort of had an idea on the matter of permna-bans and was wondering what everyone else thought of it. If someone gets banned, perhaps it would be a good idea to hold a three-or-so day vote of everyone on whether or not to let them back in the forum. It would be a good way to sort of "take out the trash" of the forums. :p
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
I'll state that I am dead set against this practice.
I do not like the idea of perma-bans at all. I believe that everyone can improve with time. In the case of babyeater, even though this is his second ban he has still improved since his arrival here. Given time I believe he will become a model citizen and we will benefit from his presence. Growing pains can be difficult but I believe in the long run that patience and working with people makes for better members.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Perma-Bans are a pointless practice in my eyes and I have seen them happen at other message boards over the dumbest shit. Everything just takes time to improve sometimes a little sometimes a lot but almost anything and anyone can improve as Zagotto said. After being banned enough times people will learn to stop what they are doing. It is impossible to take the trash out of the forums because get rid of one problem you will end up finding a lot more problem people it always happens.

But as I said if someone keeps causing problems and getting banned chances are good that one of two things will happen.

1.) Common sense will finally kick in
2.) They will leave on their own
3.) If neither one happens I guess they will just get longer bans...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
This idea is childish. Grow up people, in the real world you are going to have people you get along with and then there are assholes. I know its the internet, but shit. Its like some people are still on that 5 year old mind set of No you can't play with us because you are stupid!!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
evilomar Wrote:This idea is childish. Grow up people, in the real world you are going to have people you get along with and then there are assholes. I know its the internet, but shit.

Heres the bottom line for those who can't handle it.. GTFO not going to spell it out but everyone should understand it quite clearly. If you can't handle what happens on the internet that's pretty sad considering you can avoid it quite easily unlike real life. If someone can cope with something as pathetic as online issues they might as well go hide in a cave now...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
no way man u come near my cave an your a dead man !!!! :mad: pmsl
Puppet Master Wrote:Heres the bottom line for those who can't handle it.. GTFO not going to spell it out but everyone should understand it quite clearly. If you can't handle what happens on the internet that's pretty sad considering you can avoid it quite easily unlike real life. If someone can cope with something as pathetic as online issues they might as well go hide in a cave now...

Don't know about that, but then trying to emerge from own cave.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
I think perma-bans are a really bad Idea too. Especially if they are based on a vote, then its just a popularity contest and all these politics and stuff will start popping up and people forming little clicks and trying expand their spheres of influence with the other clicks until only people on their "side" are still left in the forum.

I mean imagine being banned for saying "shit" or something, and then a bunch of pansies who don't like you and want to exert some form of small minded power over other people all vote and then you get banned essentially for saying "shit" and not "going with the crowd". And that is not my style at all.

So in closing, I agree with all the people who don't agree with perma-bans for all the reasons previously stated and some of my own.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
evilomar Wrote:This idea is childish. Grow up people, in the real world you are going to have people you get along with and then there are assholes. I know its the internet, but shit. Its like some people are still on that 5 year old mind set of No you can't play with us because you are stupid!!
Lol, nicely put. Everyone always seems to be fighting lately, so permna-bans kind of seemed like a good solution at the time. But, yeah, you guys are right. It would be quite childish. :p
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Nobody is really fighting at all, except for in the FF. Other than that I only see people debating, there is a difference.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:Nobody is really fighting at all, except for in the FF. Other than that I only see people debating, there is a difference.
Sorry, I misworded that. I meant more of the the ass holes who won't admit they lost and drag things out for annoyingly long periods of time and such.
^^Made by Blight

Didn?t want read all of this but, yeah, crappy idea. If you perma-ban someone who is just being an ass to be an ass, it is ineffective because they will just make a new account and come be a jerk again under a new alias. But If you just screw up real big one time and get perma-ban for it then the punishment will be very harsh for you. In that way it becomes a completely unbalanced punishment.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Perma bans are a good thing if they are used correctly. For instance if someone (cough cough jugs) comes in here and is a total ass and an annoyance to everyone and you know he's not going to change he should be perma banned, but only after you give him many chances to improve himself. After awhile if he still hasn't changed chances are he won't ever and should be perminatly banned.

You see perma bans are a good thing if they are used in the most extreme cases.
babyeater0 Wrote:Perma bans are a good thing if they are used correctly. For instance if someone (cough cough jugs) comes in here and is a total ass and an annoyance to everyone and you know he's not going to change he should be perma banned, but only after you give him many chances to improve himself. After awhile if he still hasn't changed chances are he won't ever and should be perminatly banned.

You see perma bans are a good thing if they are used in the most extreme cases.

Yes, but the funny part is he claimed to be a hacker. Most of the Internet asses are competent with web tech. and would just use a proxy server to get around the banning of their IP address. jugdish however, just used a farce, and made up his skill, so I guess we won't see him again. But he undoubtedly needed permanently banned. The thread was about people voting on others to get perma bans so I just don't want that happening.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Yes, but the funny part is he claimed to be a hacker. Most of the Internet asses are competent with web tech. and would just use a proxy server to get around the banning of their IP address. jugdish however, just used a farce, and made up his skill, so I guess we won't see him again. But he undoubtedly needed permanently banned. The thread was about people voting on others to get perma bans so I just don't want that happening.

If that happened i would be otta here faster than a gay man at the bass pro shop