Flame Forum closed.
r00ster Wrote:I agree that the flame forum, and all its threads should be as hidden from easy view as possible... the other thing I'd suggest as a possible change, would be for the flame forum to appear on the forum page in title and description only... without the subject name of the last posted in thread visible to everyone on the front forum page.

That way.. if you don't like the Flame Forum.. you don't have to see at all what is going on in it. Also, there would be -no- way to insult forum users who aren't explicitely going inside the flame forum (i.e.... as it stands.. if you created a flame forum topic of "so and so is a big fat loser", and kept the topic bumped.. everyone would see that insult on the main forum page, without going into the flame forum).

You know?

I know what you mean. That is part of the reason I used "F" instead of the other word in the title of the thread I started there.

Well, do what you got to do Schultz. I see both sides of the argument. On one hand, if people weren't making fun of "that one guy" like that, more specifically if there was not a place to make fun of him that hardcore, then this may not have happened. On the other hand he could have responded in a completely different manor than he did and should take responsibility for himself. All I know for sure is that what he did was weak, and that with out that specific area I would've probably been banned because someone made me really angry yesterday. I personally want it to stay but I also don't want copy-cats doing this to me or worse stuff like hacking in to my homepage or something. Just another example of how one person can screw over so many others.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
kakomu Wrote:It wasn't clear to everyone, since not everyone visits the flame forum.

You don't need to visit the flame forum to understand what I was saying. Like Schultz said, he referenced the person in his original post when he wrote:

Because of a certain person taking it beyond just the flame forum. I have closed the Flame forum now.

That made it pretty obvious what 'loser' I was referring to. Besides, when have I had anything against Schultz, in or out of the FF, that would make anyone even consider I was referring to him?
rarnom Wrote:I am however not in favor of people being perma-banned. I mean, I don't support LE in any way shape or form, but seriously, if we ban people then we are taking the pinata away from the party.

Only reason I advocated banning LE is because he took it out of the FF, which is not allowed by the rules. Not to mention what he did is wrong and a (had to edit what I was going to say becuase this isn't the FF). Rolleyes
The flame forum isn't even closed for a whole day, and look what is happening already!!!

Har har. Tongue
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Vicious Wrote:Only reason I advocated banning LE is because he took it out of the FF, which is not allowed by the rules. Not to mention what he did is wrong and a (had to edit what I was going to say becuase this isn't the FF). Rolleyes

yeah, I see what you are saying and it seems that he will have a 3-day ban to think about it as well. But you know, he IS 'trying to change' :p hahahahahaha. If I had a nickel for every time he said that one...well, I might have a buck or something... :p
rarnom Wrote:yeah, I see what you are saying and it seems that he will have a 3-day ban to think about it as well. But you know, he is 'trying to change' Tongue hahahahahaha. If I had a nickel for every time he said that one...

And at least now he'll have more time to spend on his company. Him being the CEO and all.
rarnom Wrote:yeah, I see what you are saying and it seems that he will have a 3-day ban to think about it as well. But you know, he is 'trying to change' Tongue hahahahahaha. If I had a nickel for every time he said that one...

Every time I hear that claim, I picture the South Park Saddam doing his "I can change..." routine...

Hey guy... relax...

Some people say that I?m a bad guy
They may be right, they may be right
But it?s not as if I don?t try
I just fuck up, try as I might

But I can change, I can change
I can learn to keep my promises I swear it
I?ll open up my heart, and I will share it
Any minute now I will be born again
Yes, I can change, I can change
I know that I?ve been a dirty little bastard
I like to kill, I like to mate, I like to sing
But it?s okay cuz I can change
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Vicious Wrote:And at least now he'll have more time to spend on his company. Him being the CEO and all.
hahahahahaha awesome. Big Grin
hey... I'd like to point out that babyeater said he was going to try amending his ways and he has improved a lot since making that claim.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:hey... I'd like to point out that babyeater said he was going to try amending his ways and he has improved a lot since making that claim.

He has, but LE has not. Which is why I was only picking on LE in the flame forum and leaving BE alone for the most part.
I was just pointing that out to show that not EVERYONE gets stuck in a rut where they say they will change then don't.

I could point out other members from the history of this forum who I would have banned just for irritating me once upon a time but have grown into members that I enjoy reading posts from. (was that really one sentance?) It does irritate me to see people who recognize that they are irritating, say they are going to do someting to improve, then continue to be just as irritating as they were before they made that statement.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I haven't posted at all in the flame forum but I do read up on what's there. Some of the funniest things are in the flame forum, so I would really like to see it come back up. I think there will always be one person who will take things very personally and get upset if attacked. But like what others have mentioned, people are free to respond/not respond.
Damn leave for two days and the flame forum gets closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
babyeater0 Wrote:Damn leave for two days and the flame forum gets closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

How convenient. You just happened to be gone for the 2 days that you got called out by Ryo. And the minute it gets locked, you suddenly return.
Vicious Wrote:How convenient. You just happened to be gone for the 2 days that you got called out by Ryo. And the minute it gets locked, you suddenly return.

No i will be replying to his post when it opens again, however i had 3 projects that needed to be done and i was sick.