HOW 'BOUT THOSE TERRIBLE DUBS?
Indeed not all dubs are bad. For instance, the new Akira dub is very good.
Nadesico as well has a "good dub" in my opinion as well as Evangellion and Lodoss War (the first LW...haven't seen the new one :evil: ). But in my eyes, if your gonna dub something, for GOD'S SAKES people take it seriously!!! Unlike Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (and Blood The Last Vampire), dubs like DBZ and Getter Robo were just absolutely S#!T upon!
Blood and Bloodlust were both meant to be in english, and the creators specifically hand chose those voices for their characters because that's the voice they heard in their own minds for each of those characters.*HUFF breathless HUFF* BUT.....Not so is the case for DB and the like. These actors were chosen cuz the companies that dub them are cheap and picked out the most pathetic excuses for human existance to do the job because....

1) the people doing the voices have their heads so far up their @$$es they wanted the job to show off to the rest of their inbred friends.
2) the company knows that these "actors" are petty whores and will work for a shot in the mouth if it will get them an extra background voice. Which in it self is probably worth an additional 25 cents an hour.
3)The company is too stupid (or cheap) that they apparently don't have a copy machine to give the "actors" a script. They probably tell the cheap SOB's to wing it and make stuff up that will match the lip movement of the characters on the screen. Which is why the dialogue is so inconsistant, watered down, and a great means of traumatizing the children they market it to.

So in conclusion, if your going to do the job do it right.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Well some companies starting out don't have lots of money and need to hire who they can. If a person will be willing to do some extra voices, then why not cash in? :roll:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Point Taken. Smile
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
It is sad that they think they (talking about companies like pioneer and bandai) have to dub something. They could save so much money and GHAST release the anime a little cheaper. Normally people like dubs just because they are too lazy to read subtitles or the don't "feel" like reading(or learning another langauge 8O ). I don't see what the deal is,the dubs normally don't bring anything to the show except crappy cheezy "acting". Can anyone tell me why they watch dubs besides the convience of having it in your langauge?? Seriously it is a question I need an answer to. 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I've talked to a lot of people who just can't stand reading subtitles. Also sometimes hearing something in another language is weird. Though I certainly don't mind. I enjoy foreign languages, especially sexy German accents (this one German girl I know can be talking about pop tarts, and it still sounds sexy as hell). :mrgreen:

There is just something so mysterious about a foriegn language that atracts me. I guess it is because it is so different and something new for my brain to work on. 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Not to mention foreign accents turn me on!!!! :mrgreen: