Asians are turning into westerners!!
Blight Wrote:Michael Jackson anyone?
Michel Jackson is the scaryist man alive. He looks like a mummy. When I was yonger, I didnt know that he was black, I was young and foolish.
Blight Wrote:Michael Jackson anyone?

Oh yeah! His name didnt really came to me until you mentioned it. Probably because he's not that famous anymore (famous child molester though). :p
takumi25 Wrote:Oh yeah! His name didnt really came to me until you mentioned it. Probably because he's not that famous anymore (famous child molester though). :p
LoL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I beleive that this situation arises because many Asians associate "progress" with "westernisation". It can mean many things to many people. For some, to look like one is the ultimate goal. Right or wrong to each his own.

I'm from S'pore and chinese. I love my culture, but I also like certain aspects of western society. Many S'poreans who come back from Uni's overseas,try to adopt the accents of the country they studied in. Many claim it's necessary or else thier foreign clients can't understand them. For some a status symbol. I studied overseas...you didn't.I'm rich, you're poor.

I saw a documentary about Indians in Mubai having to attend American Accent classes when they get hired by American companies,mainly tele-sales etc. Since the clientele is Americans, sounding like one would put the customer at ease.

I myself spent 10 years in Australia. And when i came back, i still sounded the same. It's like the question that many asked when i came back. How are Aussie girls compared to S'pore girls? Much better because their less inhibited,etc...I always answer, woman are the same all over,if u don't treat them right or love them, do u think they'll love u. Many asians have a fantasy about westerners, why because they aren't commonplace, thus 'exotic'. And many of my Aussie friends felt the same way with Asians, 'exotic'.

People are strange, go figure :confused:
You are suffering from analitis. Please do not adjust your screen. This condition occurs when the nerves leading to your eyes and anus short circuit and are then fused together. Thus giving one a shitty outlook in life. Big Grin
takumi25 Wrote:No! whats worst is caucasians that are trying to be black!

I hate when people say shit like this!! What the hell, what does being black mean?!!! Please explain, because we all know all black people act alike.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I agree, I find racist statments like that to be very offensive.
If a person chooses to behave a particular way to fit in with a peer group or to express an opinion I'm ok with that as long as that behaviour doesn't infringe on others abilities to express their opinions.
So if a green wants to act mauve or a beggar wants to act rich then I'm all for it. Let people be who they choose to be and don't peg them into a stereotype based on where they grew up or what colour their skin is.
Zagatto Wrote:I agree, I find racist statments like that to be very offensive.
If a person chooses to behave a particular way to fit in with a peer group or to express an opinion I'm ok with that as long as that behaviour doesn't infringe on others abilities to express their opinions.
So if a green wants to act mauve or a beggar wants to act rich then I'm all for it. Let people be who they choose to be and don't peg them into a stereotype based on where they grew up or what colour their skin is.

Call me naive but I understood Takumi25's comment exactly as he wrote it, that some caucasian people are trying to look black, you know, physically, through surgery and stuff. That's why I mentioned people doing the opposite, like Michael Jackson, although it was kind of a joke because it seems he's white due to a skin disease. I don't believe there's such a thing as a behaviour typical of black people, being black is a physical characteristic, behaviour differs from person to person and is independent of physical appearance.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Hold on! There is no other meaning at the back of my comment there. What is this? is everyone here in this forum takes everything seriously? Come on! Im sure you know what I meant by that! Ofcourse Im not racist! Its just interesting how each race is trying to adapt to the place they live in. Im not saying you act like that coz you're black or white. I personally dont care whatever race there is. They are all the same person to me. Just for the record...I have friends that are black, caucasian and asian (like myself) oh and Indians too (from india). They are awesome and they like anime too Big Grin so who ever is stupid enough to think they have some advantage because they have a different skin color then they are the one to be called "racist" and has a serious superiority complex. :mad:

by the way thanks Andromeda.. at least you understood what I meant

Zagatto Wrote:I agree, I find racist statments like that to be very offensive.
evilomar Wrote:I hate when people say shit like this!! What the hell, what does being black mean?!!! Please explain, because we all know all black people act alike.

Ok...this is what I call a racist comment. "we all know that black people act alike" hmmm... :confused:

no offense....just trying to point out my side of the story...If I take your comment seriously then I'd take that part of your post as very offensive. You get it?? Smile
And Mr Jefferson said....

"Its All IGNORANCE"

just had to lighten the topic abit :p
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
takumi25 Wrote:Ok...this is what I call a racist comment. "we all know that black people act alike" hmmm... :confused:

no offense....just trying to point out my side of the story...If I take your comment seriously then I'd take that part of your post as very offensive. You get it?? Smile

Ever heard of sarcasm?!!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
evilomar Wrote:Ever heard of sarcasm?!!

Yes, I just did. Big Grin
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I posted Emma's story just so you could read about the details of the operation. She's an American girl who did it because at the age of 16 she was smaller than her doctor's 8 year old daughter. Ultimately it was for aethetic reasons, at least that's the way I see it, but it was her doctor who suggested it..
Ah ok i understand now. Then for Emma i guess she had a valid reason since she was abnormally short.

Andromeda18_ Wrote:That's not necessarily true, you know. I have pale skin and I'm proud of it, I don't want to be tanned even though that's very appreciated here in Portugal. I could be, I live only some meters away from the beach and it's common for people here to have a tan during the summer, but I don't like it, I like my skin the way it is.
You know what i mean though. Societies where ppl are pale tend to think oh how nice you have a tan. While often in some Asian societies pale skin, at least for women, is treasured. Just a general type of thinking, not every subscribes to it.