Saber Marionette J - Who loves all or most of it?
I love it how those who used to have a crusade against me in the not so distant past for being mean to noob's are now trying to take up my mantle. But I was mean to them when they deserved it and asked stupid questions, not just for the heck of it.

Since Skylark already read the reviews here and was not asking about the particular sets and their quality, but about the show itself, it's not so bad for her to post her question. This thread is no worse than 'Your top 10 fave anime' or 'Your top Excel Saga episodes' as all those threads are purely asking you for your opinion as well. And if you notice, I've avoided posting in those as well. I just skip over alot of the 'opinion on anime' threads.

I like Skylark because at least she took the initiative to read those reviews on this site after shown the way. She's not as bad as most noob's who after you show them where to look, they still keep wanting you to do the legwork for them.

As for SMJ . . . it sucks. I got through 8 episodes and could not force myself to go any further. I was so glad when I traded that set away.
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Yeah, I definitely like to go for either "must-see" series, or the "nice to see" ones that I would want to to keep and rewatch.

It doesn't seem that Saber Marionette is strong on either of those fronts. A couple of people may have put it in the "nice to see" category, but not in the "would like to rewatch" category.

Meanwhile, rightstuf upped the ante by adding several new weekly specials, ones that I have never seen.

I am now considering dropping Saber Marionette and going instead with one or more of the following:

* Escaflowne TV DVD box set (same price as Saber Marionette)

* Escaflowne the Movie Ultimate Edition (3 DVDs; I love background on any series/movie by the Japanese directors/animators/VA etc.) I wouldn't plan to watch this until after the Escaflowne TV boxed set.

* Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (I haven't seen any of the Bubblegum series, but they say you can watch this one without having watched the previous one)

*Revolutionary Girl Utena (includes not only the series, but the movie in its Ultimate edition format, with all of the extras I find so appealing: interviews with the director, storyboards, behind-the-scenes, etc.)

~~~

Regardless of what I choose above, I plan to add

Chocolate Springs and other Hot Things (because I have the series, and it's on sale this week 1/2 price)

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (the OVA).

~~~

There is also the goodie of the limited edition Inuyasha boxed set with the necklace, also the same price as the Saber Marionette limited set. The only thing is, I think I have heard that originally there were problems ... ironically ... with the Japanese subtitles or audio. I wonder if they have fixed this. I was planning to watch this one in Japanese for a change. However, my budget won't allow me to get everything, and having already seen this on CN ..

It must be due to the holidays that all of these sets are coming out at once. Either that or they are just having a banner week.
skylark Wrote:It must be due to the holidays that all of these sets are coming out at once. Either that or they are just having a banner week.

Nope. It's pretty standard for Shawne. Just depends what he's in the mood to list for that week.
Shawne's in too good of a mood for the last few sales which is not good for my pocket..........

It would be a better choice to get Escaflowne + Movie, Sky. More rewatchable.
Vicious Wrote:Nope. It's pretty standard for Shawne. Just depends what he's in the mood to list for that week.

Dang. I thought he went through a dry spell awhile back, so I stopped looking as frequently. Well, I hope he gets in the mood to put up some of those often enough for me to snag them. I realize by not grabbing a limited edition, I risk not getting it (depending on how many made, # sold). I'll just have to get them as I am able, and try to get my most coveted ones first, (coveted not in terms of limited, but as far as likelihood to see again / value for that price).

Japschin Wrote:Shawne's in too good of a mood for the last few sales which is not good for my pocket..........

It would be a better choice to get Escaflowne + Movie, Sky. More rewatchable.

Thanks for the tip. I'd much rather have a highly rewatchable series any day! :-)

I know what you mean about Shawne's good mood not being good for your pocket. It is hard for me not to order so many things this week. I am kind of glad I forgot to look last week. No telling what I would have bought.
:p