Nintendo DS - Launch Titles
hey,

yes i bring you but yet another DS topic. yesterday launch games were announced at the nintendo game summitt. here is the article:

Super Mario 64 DS, Spider-Man 2 highlight a launch lineup that will consist of 10 to 12 titles. UPDATE: Japanese launch title details, Final Fantasy III confirmed.

SEATTLE--In the wee hours before it takes the wraps off of its soon-to-be-released DS portable gaming system, Nintendo released new details on the upcoming platform's software lineup at launch--and beyond. As noted previously, the system is slated to ship November 21 at an SRP of $149.99. However, since Nintendo's release of those details several weeks ago, there has been little word on the software lineup for the fledgling device. Now, new details have finally emerged that help paint a broader picture of the software available for the system, and some of the system's unique features.

The first-party offerings for the system's launch will include Super Mario 64 DS, a translation of the Nintendo 64 classic; a playable demo of the upcoming Metroid game, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt; and PictoChat, which will be built into the DS and will let users exchange text messages or hand-drawn pictures and send them wirelessly to up to 15 other nearby Nintendo DS users. Looking further ahead, there will be a number of first-party DS-exclusive games hitting the system, including a multiplayer-enabled Mario Kart game, the full version of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, WarioWare Inc. DS, Animal Crossing DS, Yoshi's Touch & Go, Advance Wars DS, and a what is listed as a new Super Mario Bros. game. Nintendo-published games can be expected to retail for as low as $29.99.

The third-party support for the system includes key franchises and original games from several major publishers. Electronic Arts will bring Madden NFL 2005, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, and Urbz: Sims in the City during what is described as the hardware "launch window." Following that initial batch, EA is also planning on delivering GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and Need for Speed Underground to the DS.

Activision will have Spider-Man 2 at launch and follow up with another unnamed title that is described as "major."

THQ will offer Ping Pals at launch and follow up with other games to be announced later.

Sega will offer Feel the Magic: XY/XX at launch and follow up with Puyo Pop Fever.

Further out from launch, Nintendo revealed that Ubisoft will bring Rayman DS, Asphalt Urban GT, and Crush; Namco's games will include Ridge Racer DS and Mr. DRILLER: Drill Spirits; Capcom will present an entry in the Viewtiful Joe franchise; Hudson Soft will bring Bomberman to the platform; Konami's Frogger will make an appearance; and Square Enix will offer up a Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles title.

UPDATE: During today's press conference in Tokyo, Nintendo also revealed details about the system's Japanese launch on December 2. The company announced that 12 titles will be available for launch: five from Nintendo and seven from third parties. The first-party titles will include: Super Mario 64 DS, Pokémon Dash, Big Concert! Band Brothers, Touch! Made in Wario, and Intuitive Stroke. Of the third party titles, five are known: the recently-announced Zoo Keeper (Success) and Mahjongg Tournament (Koei) will join Sega's Kimishine (also known as Feel the Magic), Spike's Tendo Dokuta, and EA's Urbz.

Also announced at the Nintendo press conference today was that Square Enix will be bringing a remake of Final Fantasy III to the handheld. The only Final Fantasy title to never be remade and to never make it out of Japan, FFIII is considered to be one of the most intricate role-playing games ever designed for the Famicom. It was originally scheduled to be remade on the Wonderswan portable years ago, but the project was cancelled when Square stopped supporting the system. A North American release for Final Fantasy III DS was not confirmed.

"DS provides a roadmap to the future of videogames," says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing, in Nintendo's press release. "The overwhelming support of strong third party titles, combined with Nintendo's flagship franchise, makes this the strongest software support for any Nintendo system in more than a decade."

The release also touched on some of the ways in which these DS games will take advantage of the hardware's unique functionality. Madden NFL 2005 will show all 22 players on the field in one screen and use the second screen to display "key action." The game will also let players compete head to head wirelessly. Super Mario 64 DS will offer head-to-head wireless battling, new touch-sensitive minigames, and "innovative control options."

Outside of those details, the release includes a few statistical factoids to offer some context for the breadth of Nintendo's and third party support for the system. In the first 30 days of the system's availability, there will be roughly 10 to 12 games in a variety of genres. By the end of Q1 2005, the library will be at roughly 20 to 25 games. There are more than 120 games currently in development for the system around the world. In addition, due to the system's backwards compatibility with the Game Boy Advance via the DS' second cartridge port, the system will allow gamers to play more than 550 existing GBA games. It's worth noting that the release specifically states that the second game port will let users play "single-player modes of games made for the Game Boy Advance SP," which reiterates that the DS will not be compatible with GBA link cables.

ill have further updates on the Nintendo DS in the coming days as Nintendo's Gamers' Summit unfolds.

Complements of Gamespot.

I think the price is pretty low cause it was said that the price of games was going to be arround $49.99 and that i think is to much for handheld games to be. and also seeing that a mario game will be avaible at launch is also good.

what are your thoughts?

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Not terribly impressed so far but there are still the 13th and 14 press confresses to come.The launch lineup looks a little weak.mario would be good but only because ive never played it.advance wars is another goody.other than that there is nothing i really want at launch.dont mean to turn this into a comparison thread but after all the flak that sony have got for ps2 to psp games nintendo seem to be making alot of same stuff with new controls.this is only the first generation but.Id like to see more rpgs and games like Another which is looking dam fine.A monkey island 2d game would be all good.
a gp32 is still prob better Smile
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
they also announced a remake of final fantsy III. and also possibly the FF mobile phone game might appear on the system as well , defenitaly FF III is slated to come out.
i want to play the new Super Mario DS. its the clasic side scroller and its upgaded to 3d. looks great.

-LE

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
its an upgrade of mario 64.
watched the first hour of presentation and ive got to admit im a bit more exited about sytem.mario is lookin good and metroid is looking dam fine as well.the demo you get with ds has the training missions and a multiplayer section with a few maps.shame i dont know anyone else thats getting one.bring on some more rpgs and ill be as happy as a larry.lets just hope companies realise they dont have to use the touch screen (ridge racer)
on the i wantitometer id say that on 13th and 14th if there are enough games i want ill be preordering one with mario.
out of curiousity why do people like pokemon.ive never played one but i dont see how people dont get pissed with the sheer amount of versions they release.
i have to admit which i think i have posted this before but i use to play the pokemon games all the time they are fun they are like RPG's you go out fighting and exploring and collecting. its a great game if you like RPG's this is a title you might want to check out i bet they have a cheap version somewhere like gamestop or ebgames.

-LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
On the subject of Pokemon... They might be some of my favorite games. I still believe the game is the most entertaining when you play through it the very first time (for me it was Red vers.).

On the subject of the DS.... I will probably buy it eventually, but I (more than likely) won't be one to reserve it or anything
ATTACK THE DEVIL'S WORLD!

-From the strangest Pac-Man -ish game ever, Devil World
dallaslad Wrote:On the subject of Pokemon... They might be some of my favorite games. I still believe the game is the most entertaining when you play through it the very first time (for me it was Red vers.).

On the subject of the DS.... I will probably buy it eventually, but I (more than likely) won't be one to reserve it or anything

I had blue version. I agree, Pokemon ws one of the best games ever made when it came out. However, when they intentionally made pokemon untouchable by anyone over the age of 14 and rereleased the same game fiftymillion times with a few new pokemon each time it got a little old. I quit playing after the initial release when I learned the newer versions were the same game. I don't like being ripped off. Why pokemon continued to sell so well after the initial release... who knows. Guess the little kids couldn't get enough. I did buy pokemon snap for n64 too. That was fun for a few days. Very different kind of game.
Pokemon rules!

that is all
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/