Complaining about HKDVD Subs? Or just want better subs...
There is a development going on for a program called DVDSynth, similar to AVISynth only it has the potential to be the holy grail for all HKDVD fans... the most important feature which would make it worth supporting is the ability to add additional subtitle streams to existing DVDs!!!!

We dont all have DVD Writers and I'm quite sure ppl wont want to be remastering their HK Anime DVD's just to get better subs (well I might consider doing so if I had a burner)... I haven't managed to get DVDSynth to work yet so maybe its support for WinXP is a bit buggy or I'm just doing something wrong, but yes after reading the documentation I'm convinced this should be something we should pursue... for those interested in reading...
http://www.roundelay.net/dvdsynth/prerelease.html

In any case, since this is an HKDVD community, I was thinking that if DVDSynth were to get big, it would need a lot of ppl helping with providing substreams for different HK releases. There are sites out there which provide fansub scripts to a lot of anime titles, we could just rely on these scripts and synchronise them to the appropriate DVD streams for the HK DVD's we have and then share them here...

For those of you who have read the contents of the link above, I'm sure you'll also have noticed that the author of DVDSynth is an anime fan as well as he has provided sample scripts to 3 R2 anime titles for use with the program.
Well people need to spread the word. I still don't fully understand what this is though.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
hehe well its pretty simple it basically modifies the data on the fly when a program reads the dvd discs.. it can do filtering of the data and modifications of the video.. it also has the ability to add a subtitle stream to the dvd without needing it on the dvd itself.. So if you download a subs for a dvd you can just use this and play it through any dvd player no need to rip it to your harddrive and then try and use a seperate program to play only the video from the vobs which also can take up ~ 5 gigs of harddrive space to do.. But the only problem for me is i never watch dvd's on my computer i watch them on my tv. Only reason i have a DVD player in my computer is so i can rip dvds and make avi's of them so i can take with me on TDY's and such without carrying all my dvd's around.. comes in Handy.. at which point i use DirectVobSub ;o)
Ahhhhh, the OctoMonkey strikes again. You people are to high tech. I like my big clunky VHS player. It's like a Cadillac.

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Ahhhhh, the OctoMonkey strikes again. You people are to high tech. I like my big clunky VHS player. It's like a Cadillac.

Yea i like my VCR also its hooked up to my Computer by a capture. so i can transfer all my Video tapes to digital media to take with me also.. Tongue
Like all of the bad Marmalade Boy fan subs. :mrgreen: Mmmmmm third generation EP tapes. :mrgreen:

Neato... I have the DVD-ROM drive hooked up to my TV that way I only needed one DVD player... But, my comp does really have the capabilites to run more than one program at a time (It's really REALLY old!)

grr.... Sad
I'm forgettable... That's what I am.
So Forgettable... Something, Something, Haaam.
That's all right. My computer has 60 MB of Ram. :mrgreen: Maybe we should start a suppourt group for people with crap computers. :mrgreen: