Poll: How's the Song?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
What's Psychobilly?
37.50%
3 37.50%
It's decent...
37.50%
3 37.50%
It's good...
12.50%
1 12.50%
Not my cup of tea/it sucks
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Judgement Needed
Me & a few of my bros are starting a psychobilly band & to keep up the hype as so we don't lose motivation & just becuase I want to know what others think, I decided to post up the lyrics I just wrote & refined about 30 minutes ago.

Wolf's Bained Blood Brothers - Henry & Hyde

Slain by pain & left to die,
I awake the demon's hide.

And forth steps another me,
(he was short as can be),
I call him one Mr. Hyde

A wild Midget man with a demon's soul,
(I knew not of the high priced toll),
To mortal men's laws he does not abide.

With a new will & a lack of me,
(infact they've been looking, but there's nothing to see),
Sadly my friends figure I have died.

Slain by pain & left to die,
I awake the demon's hide.
(He goes by the name of one Mr. Hyde)

Not just another night,
This time he decided to kill
I must not be ill,
It's with Jekyl that I will side.

Asleep I was till the mourning's light,
For no reason I was again in demon's hide,
(It had to have been an internal fight),
For I was a crazy little man named Mr. Hyde.

I am so ill, I know he will kill.
With no choice left it was in my lab that I died,
& to the grave I took with me, one Mr. Hyde.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Is that another song dedicated to Vicious?

Sorry......Couldn't help cracking the joke because the lyric has the same overall feeling as the "Vicious theme song" that Last Exile posted some time ago.

It's not bad. Good fit for a gothic metal type song. But I don't understand why Hyde is portrayed as a small midget man. He is usually thought of as big, mean and powerful. Certainly not a midget. Other than that, it fits well with gothic metal.

By the way, what is "psychobilly band"? I am not familiar with the term.
I love psychobilly but I need to hear how it's put together before I can say whether its any good or not. I knew one psychobilly band that covered the Sesame Street theme and it sounded great. I've come to the conclusion that psychobilly isn't about the lyrics but more about the performance.

Best show I ever saw was Reverand Horton Heat in London at a bar with about 200 people crammed in for one of the most powerful performances I've ever seen in my life.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Psychobilly=Hillbilly rock about darker things.

I know psychobilly is more about the music than the words, some of the most simplist songs that are only three verses long sound better than the cooler writen ones, but sadly, that's where the band I'm in fails, most of us are just picking up our first guitar.

And Reverand Horton Heat is like my God, but only of Rockabilly, never heard anything Psycho other than Psychobilly Freak Out, & I guess Mrs. Darkness. their stuff is all bouncy with catchy lyrics.

As for Hyde, did you never read the actual story? I love the that work, probably my favorite at the moment. In it he is a smaller, younger, faster, & stronger form of Jekyl. It's a good story for its age especially to me. Most older stuff that's supposed to be in some way horror really doesn't tell a good tale becuase people are a lot harder to entertain than they were back then, but even already knowing the gist of it, it was still very entertaining, & i'm sure I have not know what it was about I would have been very surprised. I can only imagine the talk of it back then, must of got quite a few people thinking.

*edit* Oh, & thanks for the opinions guys Tongue
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I stick mostly to electronic (BT Sasha, Carl Cox) type stuff myself, But wish you best of luck anyway
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
I would be interested in hearing this song. Lyrics sound like it could be really cool.