GCI in Anime?
Computer animation was done before Lunar.... if you want to you can watch the credits for Akira and you will see some people being listed for computer animation. So in fact CG has been used in anime for some time.

I thought Lost Universe really sucked cause the anime was so old skool looking then they added surreal CG to it.
CGI is being used more and more in anime, and as a result, it's quality will develop rapidly also. Whether or not you like it is too bad, so get with the program. I'm sick of hearing your angsty posts about anime, Ryujin, especially when there's nothing you can about it. The anime industry has no need for hardcore elitists like you.

Progress is inevitable, so just go with the flow. That's my philosophy.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
Robojack Wrote:CGI is being used more and more in anime, and as a result, it's quality will develop rapidly also. Whether or not you like it is too bad, so get with the program. I'm sick of hearing your angsty posts about anime, Ryujin, especially when there's nothing you can about it. The anime industry has no need for hardcore elitists like you.

Progress is inevitable, so just go with the flow. That's my philosophy.

Right, so your saying lets not debate anything anymore?

You stop bitching about eng.dubs which have been a part of anime before CGI. Whether you like it or not is too bad right? But you still bitched about it numerous times. And then you dare calling him an elitist (your the one who said ALL dubs suck right?).

I'm not starting a dub. argument but you do the same thing as him which is not a bad thing untill you start saying he can't do it and you can. Take a look at yourself before you try to change someone.
I happen to agree with Ryujin, if its done right then it can be good. I'm a little old school myself, I appreciate my animation(not just anime) more if it was just hand drawn. Some of the effects they were able to pull off before computers were amazing. Then again I feel the same about CG in live movies, it can be real crapfest if done wrong.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Perhaps so, elcoholic, but having been on this board for over a year, people such as you and I should have the right to complain about something every now and then. Besides, it's not like I usually bitch about dubs, most of the time I just let it slide. And being asian, I could care less about North American dub actors.

Getting back to the topic at hand, using CGI is never a bad thing, particularly if you use it a lot. Look at it this way, the more you use something, the better and more efficient you get at it. Look at Vandread, and THEN jump ahead about 3 years and look at Last Exile. I would dare to say that the CGI in Last Exile had improved quite a bit over Vandread, in the way it blends, and the way it moves in comparison to the 2D animation. Initial D also is a good example, for if you compare the CGI quality in the first, second, third, AND fourth stage, you can tell that improvements (sometimes dramatic) have been achieved in each.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Robojack Wrote:Besides, it's not like I usually bitch about dubs, most of the time I just let it slide. And being asian, I could care less about North American dub actors.

No, you just make ignorant statements about them. Like the one you just made. Japschin and others are Asian and I'm sure they'll tell you once again to speak for yourself and not for an entire race or continent.

You love using that 'I'm asian, so I don't care about this or that' card whenever it's convenient for you, don't you? That's weak.

I'm a foreigner too and all I have to say is - If that's your way of thinking, then go back to Asia. It's one thing to respect your culture and keep up with it, it's another to be completely ignorant and biased against anything but your own culture.
You bet I love using it. I'm proud of my culture, and I'm not going to let my location change that. Of course there's going to be bias, but then, doesn't everything these days?

Robojack Wrote:You bet I love using it. I'm proud of my culture, and I'm not going to let my location change that. Of course there's going to be bias, but then, doesn't everything these days?

Liking your culture and using that as an excuse all the time is not teh same thing. It reminds me when I used to work at a bank and a couple of times people would come in there and I'd be like "I can't cash this check for you", and they'd respond with "it's because I'm black ain't it?' I so wanted to say "It's because you're broke bitch" or "Get a fuckin' ID and then maybe I'll cash your shit". But instead, I'd just laugh and say "Yeah, me being part of the majority and all".

You're doing the same thing. Anytime you don't like anything - "I'm asian, I don't care" or "I'm asian, so screw them". I got Asian friends and they don't think like that.

Respecting your culture and being prejudiced against anything else are 2 different things. That's all I'm gonna say on this because it's pointless. You're not gonna understand no matter what anyone says.
Robojack Wrote:I'm sick of hearing your angsty posts about anime, Ryujin

In this instance I think I'm very justified in saying: What the hell are you talking about? I'm a new member to the boards with only 20-something posts, and this is the 1st topic I have made specifically regarding anime, so how could you be sick of hearing my opinions? I think you need your head checked. Rolleyes

Robojack Wrote:The anime industry has no need for hardcore elitists like you

Eh what? firstly, the anime industry is notorious for that, without the hardcore nobody else would even be into anime or know what it was, and it certainly would not be as popular as it is today. I think it could be argued that anime is an industry only for the hardcore.

But anyway, how would you know if I'm an elitist? you know nothing about me yet. And from you comments here that is just laughable, you keep saying about you being asian, as has been pointed out nicely by Vicious. But the asians are famous for being Xenophobic and elitist, especially the Japanese (not saying you are Japanese, just saying in general). And given your comments about dubbing etc.. it seems you are more of an elitist than me.

Robojack Wrote:CGI is being used more and more in anime, and as a result, it's quality will develop rapidly

I'm not disagreeing with that, what I'm saying is that in the quest to "perfect" GC in anime that we as the viewing public suffer from sub-par shows and out of place visuals all in some rush for anime studios to say "Hey look! We can do GC!!!!!!!". Much in a similar way that chinese kung fu films have gone.

Now I'm not saying that I don't think GC should be used in anime, I have seen some shows where it was done very well and did not look out of place, but everyone seems to be seriously overdoing it these days, which I think is the wrong approach and if that is the future of all anime then I'm too interested in it. I think there is a place for CG if is not overused, but even if it is, I am still happy as long as shows that are not CG trigger happy are being made. But the way things are going there is a danger that this may not happen, which is why I was voicing my opinion.

elcoholic Wrote:Right, so your saying lets not debate anything anymore?

Exactly, you hit the nail right on the head. I mean what kind of dumbass argument is he trying to use?

Robojack Wrote:but having been on this board for over a year, people such as you and I should have the right to complain about something every now and then

So hold on, because I'm new I should not be able to complain about anything?? But because you are here a long time you can do and say what you like...hmmm and so to you the number of posts a person has and how long they are at a forum determins how valid their opinion is and what kind of rights they have...

Seriously, with that kind of logic you should really take your head out of your ass and stop being a retard.

I don't need your permission to post my opinion, no matter what "rights" you think people should or should not have I can do what I like so tough. "Theres nothing you can do about it so go with the flow" Wink

Vicious has hit your nail right on the head and I could not agree with him more. I was not going to post because Vicious and elcoholic have already put you in your place. But I figured I would add my "elitist" opinion even though I don't have the "right" to do so... Rolleyes
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Robojack Wrote:And being asian, I could care less about North American dub actors.

USE I, NOT ASIAN, are you such a dotard that you fail to realise that YOU DON'T REPRESENT ALL ASIANS? Stop trying to mislead people into thinking that all Asians are as nincampoop as u are.

EDIT:
Vicious Wrote:Like the one you just made. Japschin and others are Asian and I'm sure they'll tell you once again to speak for yourself and not for an entire race or continent.

You love using that 'I'm asian, so I don't care about this or that' card whenever it's convenient for you, don't you? That's weak.

He doesn't use I to back himself up, instead, he has to drag the whole continent and its inhabitants into whatever opinions/discussions/arguements he gets himself into to make it look as though he has firm support from a continent at the other end of the world.
Heh, I'm not about to argue with you whiny sissies, especially since now that university's back in session. Big Grin

Most people I know, both asians, non-asians, appreciate Japanese voice acting more than English dub anime dubbing. I, on the other hand, just think English dubs suck, and be grateful that I didn't add my two cents to every English dub topic that came up. What are you gonna do, huh? In fact, I'll spit on English dubs. Now what can you do? Answer: the same thing as before. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Big Grin

I tell you what I'm going to do Robojackoff, I'm going to find where you live and spray paint

ROBOTECH FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!!

all over your room.

At least that's what the five year old in me wants to do, but you are right I will do nothing.... ...Well, long live Rick Hunter.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Good for you. After all, this site is named IMPORT-Anime, NOT Domestic-Anime. So there shouldn't be any problem with me spouting my anti-English dub literature here. Unless there's a change to the name of the site, I'll run as rampant as I want.

Robojack Wrote:Good for you. After all, this site is named IMPORT-Anime, NOT Domestic-Anime. So there shouldn't be any problem with me spouting my anti-English dub literature here. Unless there's a change to the name of the site, I'll run as rampant as I want.

You're a dumb fuck. That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. If that's the case, English dubs shouldn't be sold on here. And if I ever meet you, I'll beat your monkey ass. And then I'll spit on your bitch ass while you're on the ground. Tell me to my face that I won't do shit to you. Let me reiterate once again that you're one dumb fuck!!!!
Robojack Wrote:Heh, I'm not about to argue with you whiny sissies, especially since now that university's back in session. Big Grin
Now what can you do? Answer: the same thing as before. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Big Grin

Told you Vic, this dumb-cowardly-ass doesn't have the guts to use "I ", therefore must supposedly use the whole continent of imaginary people to back him up.

Just ignore him. Clearly shows what type of upbringing he has. Why belittle ourselves or lower ourselves to his level?