Ghost in the Shell 2
It hits theaters this weekend who is going to see it...

http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Oh, me! Me! *raises hand, jumps up and down* I'm always scared I'll get disappointed with sequels. Hope it's good. Will you get a chance to see it there in Iraq.. what am I saying.. you're coming home soon Smile
Meh.. I did not see what the big deal about the 1st Ghost In The Shell was, I didn't really like it at all. So I don't really care too much about this movie, but if it was shown in a cinema near me then I would definatly go to see it for the experience, but it will never be shown where I live, so meh...
Ryujin Wrote:Meh.. I did not see what the big deal about the 1st Ghost In The Shell was, I didn't really like it at all. So I don't really care too much about this movie, but if it was shown in a cinema near me then I would definatly go to see it for the experience, but it will never be shown where I live, so meh...
How old are you Ryujin? Just curoius... see when Ghost in the Shell hit there where few if any anime like it. It is older than some of are board members. Sometimes people forget to respect thier elders.
I plan to see it. I love watching anime on the big screen, it's a different experience than what you get at home. Plus, from what I've seen, it looks absolutely beutiful and deserves to be taller than I am. I just hope I can get my girlfirend to see it with me. She hated GitS1, and I can understand why. It takes alot of work to watch it, and as spectacular as it is, it can really put you to sleep. I guess that's the price a film pays when not catering itself to the short attention span of the masses.

morgorath Wrote:Sometimes people forget to respect thier elders.

Funny thing with that, I first saw GitS and didnt really like it, and thats still my offical stance when asked. However that dosen't keep me from having it on VHS, reading the manga(which has even more stupid technobable than the movie), playing the game, and wanting to watch Stand Alone Complex every time I see it in the store. Damn respect, I cant get enough Speed Racer, Galaxy Express 999, or Robot Carnival either. But then maybe I just have a thing for 80's style animation.
morgorath Wrote:How old are you Ryujin? Just curoius... see when Ghost in the Shell hit there where few if any anime like it. It is older than some of are board members. Sometimes people forget to respect thier elders.

First of all don't talk down to me like your somehow superior or more knowledgeable than I am, you don't know anything about me. Secondly I am damn older than ghost in the shell. For the record I'm 20, I'm assuming your younger than me but I could be wrong so this next comment could come back to bite me in the ass, but its you who should not forget to respect your elders.

As for vintage anime, I love it. I own the Getta Robo box set, which was made in 1974. I don't really mind how old an anime is. I just judge it on its own merits and by my own opinion, if I like it then I like it and if I don't then I don't.

I mean GiTS does have its merrits, such as fantastic animation and it uses a more "realistic" or propotioned style (which 'm not a massive fan of but it can be ok). It had lots of action and some good ideas, but overall I thought it was a little bit boring, left lots of information unexplained and is very over-rated.

Personally I don't think things should be respected just because they are popular and people say so, to me something has to earn my respect, and to do that I generally have to like it. Granted some stuff that gets owned by modern stuff but I can respect them for pioneering new things and being original, because without these the newer stuff might not exist or be as good.

Quote:"I guess that's the price a film pays when not catering itself to the short attention span of the masses."

Well I don't have a short attention span, in fact when I get my anime box sets I normally watch the episodes back to back all day from the time I get up to the time I go to bed which is normally in the 3am zone. And I do that every day until its finished. I just didn't like GiTS.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:First of all don't talk down to me like your somehow superior or more knowledgeable than I am, you don't know anything about me. Secondly I am damn older than ghost in the shell. For the record I'm 20, I'm assuming your younger than me but I could be wrong so this next comment could come back to bite me in the ass, but its you who should not forget to respect your elders.

Well I don't have a short attention span, in fact when I get my anime box sets I normally watch the episodes back to back all day from the time I get up to the time I go to bed which is normally in the 3am zone. And I do that every day until its finished. I just didn't like GiTS.

Well, actually Morg really is older than you, 5 years older! So yeah, that did come back to bite you in the ass. :p
While I believe you don't have a short attention span, the fact that you watch the episodes back to back all day from the time you get up to the time you go to bed doesn't mean a thing 'cause you could watch all that without really paying attention to it.
I do understand your point of view about Ghost in the Shell. I liked it and I'm really excited about the sequel but it definitely isn't one of the best things I've watched. As with most things it's a matter of taste.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
looks great opefully it will come here , i doubt it its a smaller city. might have to go out of town to see it ...

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Ryujin Wrote:First of all don't talk down to me like your somehow superior or more knowledgeable than I am, you don't know anything about me. Secondly I am damn older than ghost in the shell. For the record I'm 20, I'm assuming your younger than me but I could be wrong so this next comment could come back to bite me in the ass, but its you who should not forget to respect your elders.

He asked politely. No need for you to be a dick in your response. Morg is one of the nicer people on here. And the fact that you watch your anime box sets from morning until 3 AM tells me that you have no life.
Vicious Wrote:He asked politely. No need for you to be a dick in your response. Morg is one of the nicer people on here. And the fact that you watch your anime box sets from morning until 3 AM tells me that you have no life.
Thanks for watching my back Vicious and Andromeda18. Ryujin I asked your age because I wanted to know it before I made any further comments. It might suprise you but I find GITS to be very dry and not anime you show to newcomers. Because it is so full of tecno babble and what not. But what I mean by respecting your elders has nothing to do with your age. It has to do with the age of GITS. Look if I made you watch "Citizen Kane" would you find it riviting, groundbreaking, or insperational. No most of us wouldn't but to directors like Spilburg, Ron Howard, and George Lucas it changed the way movies were made from that point on.

GITS did the same thing. Akira and GITS were ahead of thier time in story telling and the way animation was drawn. So are rewards for those 2 animes are features like, Ecosaflowna and Cowboy Beebop. That is my point about respecting your elders. Oh and a side note...

Just because a Lion is in a zoo doesn't mean it's tame. Next time you make a attack at me I will not let Vicious swipe at you... I will. Take it as you will but read a post before you take offense to it. I wanted to know your age, I did ask, "What are you a child, and can't see the greatness GITS is." if I had said that you could ahve been pissed, but I didn't. Your 20 years old act it.
Heehee! Reading these boards makes my day much more interesting!

Anyways, back on topic... Actually, GiTS was the first Anime I ever watched and I really liked it. I like movies that have alotta technichal stuff. You wouldn't believe the conversations my friends and I had over the Matrix 2! Talk about techno-babble!! But I loved the animation and I guess the storyline was a little bit dry, but I still really enjoyed it.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Morg, were you drunk when you wrote that or is LE's atrocious spelling becoming contagious? Wink
morgorath Wrote:But what I mean by respecting your elders has nothing to do with your age. It has to do with the age of GITS.

Well you did not specify so its easy to see that it could be percieved either way, but luckily I argued for both points which is why I worte:

Ryujin Wrote:As for vintage anime, I love it. I own the Getta Robo box set, which was made in 1974. I don't really mind how old an anime is. I just judge it on its own merits and by my own opinion, if I like it then I like it and if I don't then I don't.

Personally I don't think things should be respected just because they are popular and people say so, to me something has to earn my respect, and to do that I generally have to like it. Granted some stuff that gets owned by modern stuff but I can respect them for pioneering new things and being original, because without these the newer stuff might not exist or be as good.

So that pretty much invalidated most of your post because those points were already covered by me. As for my "attack" on you, its easy to see how it could have been percieved because you did not say "classic" or "vintage anime", you said "elders" meaning people older than yourself. But I may have gone a bit far so I apologise for that, but I would hardly call it an "attack".

morgorath Wrote:Just because a Lion is in a zoo doesn't mean it's tame
Ehhh o.....k... Just because a spoon is in your mouth doesn't mean it has food on it, hahaha Wink

morgorath Wrote:Next time you make a attack at me I will not let Vicious swipe at you... I will

ohhh scary!!! please mr.Internet stranger, don't do it!!! Rolleyes

Vicious Wrote:And the fact that you watch your anime box sets from morning until 3 AM tells me that you have no life.

Its understandable how you might assume that, but the only reason I was able to do that is because I was on my summer vacation, I would not be able to do that now, not even close. So that explains that anyway.

Although I could go on for a few paragraphs on the "you have no life" comment. I mean how do you define "life". If a person goes out partying every night and gets wasted on booze and drugs does that mean that they have more of a life than someone who watches TV alot?. I mean a bunch of people some of which are fully grown adults watching "cartoons" as a hobby could be considered as not having a "life" by some people. Anyway I won't go into that because its not important. What else have you got?
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:What else have you got?

Alot. But you'll quote and reply with a long drawn out statement and I'll lose interest somewhere after the 2nd line, so we'll just skip that for now.
Ryujin Wrote:Well I don't have a short attention span, in fact when I get my anime box sets I normally watch the episodes back to back all day from the time I get up to the time I go to bed which is normally in the 3am zone. And I do that every day until its finished. I just didn't like GiTS.

That attention span comment was in no way directed at you. I belive I said "the masses" so unless you buy several million dollars worth movie tickets every week you need to calm down. And unless those boxsets slow down and get boring enough that you can fall asleep or be drawn to somthing else before one episode ends, you don't need a long attention span. I understand alot of people can pay attention to more than one 30min TV episode in a row, congrats.