Need some recomendations
Please help...looking for some lighthearted comedy...something like Love Hina or Tenchi. Any recomendations??? Thanx
Man, after getting obsessed with tenchi a few years ago
i started watching El hazard which still remains one of my favourite animes ever. More recently, Trigun has captured my imagination and i would strongly recommend the 4 disk set of it - a bargin 8)
I thought Trigun was pretty good too. I still haven't seen El Hazard although I do have the alternative World set. Is Comic Party any good???
I'd have to agree with the Trigun series... starts out very light hearted and fun. It gets a bit more serious towards the end but still a great series. I watched the R1 release so I don't know how good the HK DVDs are.

A classic series I just watched is Conan, Boy in the Future. This is the Miyazaki's first series that he was entirely in charge of. You can see all sorts of hints of things to come from him in his movies. The story is pretty light in dialogue so the poor HK subtitles I've seen don't make too much of a difference. As with most Miyazaki productions, there is a strong save the planet theme running in the background.

You mentioned Love Hina, have you seen Fushigi Yuugi? This is still my wife's favourite series out there. Lot's of great characters, quests, bumbling romance, and action. Someone told me that this is being shown in North America on television but they've edited a lot of what makes this great. This is a must see series.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Actually, I've seen some of the first series and was sick of it half way through. I know a lot of people like it but I couldn't stand it. Glad your wife liked it though, it does seem more suited to a lady's taste...you know, with the one girl surrounded by men who will risk their lives for her. A little too romantic... As for Love Hina, it was just fun.

I'm thinking about getting either Platinumhugen Oridian or I, My, Me, Starwberry Eggs... Anyone know about these???
Light Hearted? Hmmmm... If you haven't seen Maison Ikkoku, just get that. Otherwise, try some To Heart(haven't seen but heard it was really good. Pick up the fan subs on VHS instead of the HK DVD much better subs) or go for Zenki Demon Prince on R1. 12 Hybrid Episodes on 2 DVDs for $39.95 is too sweet. Great show too. Jubei Chan is really funny and light hearted, though it gets serious at the end. First DVD of Those Who Hunt Elves is pretty crazy too. Ultimate Light hearted show would have to be Cat Girl NUKU NUKU. However this will be out on DVD later. Only the VHS is available right now.
that's a pretty funny list Steve... I've seen these around but never got to watch em. The covers never seemed too catchy but if they as good as you say then I just might try em out. Thanx