Sentai Section??
I'm new to the forums, and I'm not sure if this should be in here or in the "requests" section. For those of you who don't know what sentai is and who might confuse it with "hentai" I will explain. Sentai shows are live action super hero team shows, like power rangers. They are super popular in Japan and there are thousands of them because they have been making them since the 50's.

Anyway, seeing as this site stocks anime and live action stuff, why not sentai shows? Are they too hard to get or is it just that the site owner thinks there is not enough interest?

I would love to be able to get stuff like Go-Ranger, Kaku-Ranger, Zeo-Ranger, Kamen Rider, Ultra-Man etc.. but they seem to be impossible to find (I know they exist on hkdvd somewhere). Anyway I'm basically making this thread to find out if it is possible to get some sentai stuff in the shop here and to ascertain if there is any interest by people here for some cool sentai stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you would like to see some sentai then please show your support by posting and maybe it will eventually end up in the site shop? who knows...
you mean like power rangers bullshit?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
now now joe dont be so critical of other peoples opinions, sure it may suck ass but he might like it.
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..
Japanese sentai are way better than Power Rangers, I like Japanese sentai but I don't like what Saban of them :/
I would be interested in that kind of DVD, I also asked Joe if he could get some J-music DVDs in stock but I've never seen any in the store section :confused:
I didn't mean power rangers itself, because that is badly cut up and acted by those damn americans. (no offence to any americans).

But I would like to see the original japanese show that power rangers was based on, as well as loads of other shows. I mean we all know that power rangers sucks, but the Japanese sentai shows are actually pretty cool, stuff like Kamen Rider, Kaku Ranger, Ultraman etc...

And I know that there is an interest in it, granted not as much as anime, but it would be nice if it was in the shop here so that people could get their hands on some of these super rare never released outside Japan shows.
I never really saw sentai before so, I downloaded Timerangers VS. The GoGo V or something like that. Let me say...this is the funniest crap I have ever seen in my whole damn life. If JJ were to get these in-stock, I would definitely put some money towards these. There is so much Engrish in this movie that I barely ever looked at the subs. Everyone has got to see one of these sentai's when they need a good laugh. :p
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
Yeah that's the spirit ! I"ve seen a lot of sentai series when I was yougner and I can say that if you like one, you'll like all others ! We wanna see more sentai ! :p
There's something I forgot : some french sentai lovers released their own sentai series, it's the first french sentai and it really rocks, here's their website : http://www.francefive.com/ (there's a part in english, don't worry !)
Yeah... I've seen a few of the Kamen Rider shows and they look pretty intense. I've always wondered why more of those don't end up getting translated and/or imported. I love that whole bug eye look they've got going on.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Yeah I think it would be cool to get some of that stuff...maybe I should e-mail JJ about it? Or would that just annoy him...
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Most of the shows of this nature have their own nitch in the market. But while shows like Power Rangers have been wildly popular with audiences under a certain age, they have kinda ruined the overal reputation of the rest these types of shows overal.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga