Current deals for anime
You should really hear what chinese call reverse engineering. The chinese government calls it "adapting technology". (No offence to anyone who is chinese.)

Thanks for the links Sir Vicious.
Last Exile Wrote:Geeee i wonder who you are talking about .
Rolleyes

Actually, I wasn't referring to any one individual. There are lots of people that do that. It helps them to justify their HK buying or something. You weren't a total dick in that thread (somewhat misinformed maybe) so there's no reason for me to carry that across threads. Trust me, it wasn't a cheapshot at you.

But like I said, I'm gonna buy the Inuyasha boxset R1 for about the same price that the 1st 2 FX boxsets would cost me. This just further proves my points that R1's can be had very cheap sometimes if you just wait it out.
What Robojack said was very funny and a very diffrent answer to the HK fight ! that was great . sad but true a little .

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
This is the first time i have heard of the "hk fight". I my opinion i like both, right now i buy serieses on hk and movies on r2. I wouldnt consider buying a one disk hk movie, as for series's i like the whole Hk format with the centrefolds, but i also like the act that r1-2 are real. So if i can afford a set i might consider, but at the end i dont really care.
Last Exile Wrote:What Robojack said was very funny and a very diffrent answer to the HK fight ! that was great . sad but true a little .

-LE

Not really. It's not like you know the funds are going to aid homeless people or help build better schools or something like that. You're probably just helping the rich get richer. If you really want to help your community, you either do volunteer work or donate to a worthwhile charity. The answer is actually quite ignorant which is why I chose to ignore it.

Either way, this is not meant to be an HK vs. R1 thread. It was just to let you guys know of some deals if anyone wanted to get in on them.
Vicious Wrote:Not really. It's not like you know the funds are going to aid homeless people or help build better schools or something like that. You're probably just helping the rich get richer. If you really want to help your community, you either do volunteer work or donate to a worthwhile charity. The answer is actually quite ignorant which is why I chose to ignore it.

I found his post quite funny and I don't think it was intended to be serious so lighten up a little Wink

The other day my dad any my eldest brother both gave me advice and told me that I should return back to Malaysia to start a DVD pirating business. It's in our blood I tell you.

When I buy R1s, which is pretty rare, I usually get them from amazon.ca, they have good pre-order prices and they always have 5$ coupons, before they had 10$ ones but I haven't seen those in awhile.
Most of you took my comment the right way. I wrote that particular paragraph mostly in jest, it's something I thought up of on the spot when discussing the ethics of HK DVDs with some of my friends. Needless to say, their responses were similar to yours. It's good to see that people here have a healthy sense of humor to not get all riled up about my response.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
matthewmalay Wrote:I found his post quite funny and I don't think it was intended to be serious so lighten up a little Wink

Normally I'd think so too, but I can never tell with him. Especially with some of the stupid stuff he's written in the past.
Has anyone ever bought r4 dvds, i was looking for the r1 version of the namek saga and i got to this site http://www.dvdorchard.com.au/Product.asp...LN=553186& . Whats the deal with season 1 (1.9 to 1.17)
What exactly is Black Thursday?

If it's a site, could somebody please post a link?

Catseye
We call it Black Thursday because that is the day that Shawne changes the sales and the weekly specials at rightstuf. The site address is http://www.rightstuf.com . You'll see the studio sale or whatever listed on the main page and there will be a link to the store. You'll see the weekly specials in the top left corner of the store.

This week, they have a great deal on Princess Nine. You can get each individfual disc for $5. So why pay $21 for an HK copy when you can get the R1 for $30?
Hey Vicious, thanks for all this info. I've never really bothered to look at Rightstuf prices because I thought they were too expensive. Didn't know about Thursday either, but I will definately check on that once in a while. I think the Inuyasha disks are gone though Sad Oh, and I am getting the steel angel kurumi collection for $36 on deepdiscountdvd... gotta see what all this fuss on Hillary is all about.
Vicious Wrote:No. Those aren't really my style. Right now I'm getting .......... Azumanga Daioh .

AHHHH!!! I love you!!! This is my fav anime in the world now!! Little chiyo.... so cute... so cute....
[Image: penguin_chiyo.gif]
Viz's sale doesn't end till 8/29/04. The only thing about ordering only now is you may have to wait a bit for the dvds to be in stock since it's a first come first serve sale.
I ordered Ranma Season 3 and the OAVs for $120 total. That was before the VUZ sale, thank god.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection