Poll: .Hack style games
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
very near future
20.00%
2 20.00%
years away yet
40.00%
4 40.00%
tech is their but not used right now
20.00%
2 20.00%
in your dreams
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

.Hack style games
So how far off do you guys think we are from having games that could be as tech advanced as the one in the .Hack anime. Is it dreaming or realistic
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Heh, somehow I saw this coming.

I think it's quite a long while away, particularly if you're talking about the use of VR devices in place of a monitor when playing games. Aside from that, if you're talking about fulltime multi-channeled voice interaction in place of text communication, then a very high bandwidth connection (at least 15Mbps) is necessary, one that is mostly available to consumers in first-world asian countries such as Korea or Japan. I would think a few more years is necessary for connectivity technology in North America to catch up with the rest of the technologically advanced world.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
I was kinda thinking that the health issue is part of the reason they might now be in any great hurry to make games that way. well good example is any PC online gamer I have friends that spend 6-8 hours online a day leveling up. I would think some people might plug in so to speak and almost abandon reality in such games.
Excel saga
Ive never seen .Hack but is it anything liek the kinda stuff that was used in the old yugio episodes.
in .Hack the players in the real world use VR gogles to imerse themselves fully into a D & D type RPG
Excel saga
I like the idea of .hack If the gameplay was like the game for the PS2 then that is a good new-school RPG style. Even the dungeons in .hack were pretty cool.

I would just hate having to pay loads just so I can play an online game. Plus I remember reading about how Everquest turned into Ever-crack for some people. I just don't think people are ready for online based RPGs.
Their is already online RPG's just not to the level that the one in .Hack is. I agree that some people would be playing games if the tech was advanced like .Hack like a drug adiction. I have friends who already play Everquest 4-8 hours a day. As long as the tech would be used within reason
Excel saga
Maybe they should have a game clock so you can tell how long you've played. Playing games for more then 1 hour is bad for you but it won't kill you. I swear when will people learn not to live life through RPGs. Rolleyes
Even with a game clock that might help for children that parents want to limit the amount of time they spend playing. I have a feeling the adults who play the game are the ones who would have the problems with limiting the time they play
Excel saga
lets just say we will all be long dead by the time something like that is developed
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..