anybody else notice this?
My father had a rule or the best piece of advise I have ever been told. It is also the hardest thing in the world to do...

"Think before you speak."

So simple yet so hard to do when you are talking face to face with someone. Here on the boards I find it easier because I am typing and changing my thoughts as I go. It helps to reread what I wrote to make sure my point is fair and reflects my feelings with out insulting someone. But there are times I need to tell someone he is an idiot. That is why I have an idiot fund that gets paid to Dark, and Vicious to do those things for me.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
well everyone I am going to stick to my position when I think not everybody who posts is going to have the common sense to read all the fac's or use the seach option to see if the subject has been asked in the past. With time they will learn or just get board and leave. When I first got here I had asked a newbie question the first day and had 9 replies all of them rather rude and insulting filling me in on what to do and get a brain ect. Only difference between me and a few I have seen on here is a apologized for my mistake and learned as I went a I still do on some things. while others start full blown absene fights. Lets not scare them away on their first days. With age and experience with anything we are suppose to learn to be more decent to each other

That is why I always try to be helpful.
Its reasuring to know at least a handful of you all agree with what I am saying Thank You

I'm a complete newbie here. But I don't think I've gotten a single mean reply to me except for Vicious and I had to prod that out of him. There's a difference between being new and being lazy. Being mean to someone just because they're new, I don't agree with. However, if a newbie walks in to somewhere, can see perfectly well the numerous FAQ's links and does not bother to read past threads to see if their question is posted there already and STILL asks their question, they are asking for trouble. If they have a question like "what is FX" when everyone else is talking about it, isn't it kind of a "duh" that it would already be explained somewhere? Obviously we didn't all know what that was from birth, we all had to learn somewhere. People just need to use common sense and most of the newbies that get nasty responses are the 50th person who have asked that same question in that same thread during a certain period of time, be it one day or a few.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Let the person know that their question was earlier in the thread. You don't have to start a war of words with the person. intentional or unintentionaly I have seen here and on other mesage boards I have been on in the past that one rude Duh type rude post can start a multi day verbal war. Its not cool

Yeah, I was reading one of those earlier. I think it went on for like 16 pages or so. I'm not saying I don't agree with you. But I also sympathize somewhat with the people who get snappy. I was DI for Cavalry platoon last year, and man! Did I ever get some dumb questions! And often the dumbass standing next to him asked the exact same question a minute later! Very frusturating.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
I did 4 years in the US Navy, you learn over time that no matter how sipple a topic or question is their always will be some people that need it spelled out to them

So this started as some sort of..."hostilities" are building thread...and continues as a Newbies need to read the FAQs and think before they speek. I have a feeling a lot of our Newbies tend to be in the age range to 13-15. That may explain the lack of tact. No offence to those who break the mold and actually positivly contribute to the forum, between those age ranges.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
No big thing, they will grow up

Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Ehh, I think we'll need a board voting round to see if everyone agreesWink

pff, who said this board was AT ALL democratic?
This board seems more laissez-faire than democratic.
I never said people could not put their 2 cents in when I started this thread

Here's two pennies!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
2 more for the jar then