Ice Skating
I LOVE ice skating. I've only been 4 times and fell 3 times I believe. One time I was saving my friend from falling and fell myself and another time I brought a friend down with me...it was quite a riot Big Grin . I sorta have a sense of balance and am trying to increase my speed. All I can say is that you gotta keep your knees bent and lean forward instead of straight or backwards.
Love is like heaven but hurts like hell.
I have tried it and always end up falling on my date, so I stick to snowboarding.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I love skateboarding and everyone keeps tells me to try snowboarding but I'm too scared I'll hit a tree or break my neck or ankles. I mean, a skateboard I can just jump off of but snowboarding - those are stuck to me.
i always thought skateboarding would seem more painful - your hitting land and such. Snowboarding = lots of snow Big Grin
Snow boarding rocks though only done it Once properly the rest was on dry slopeRolleyes

being able to Skate definately helps! now if only there was a SnowBMX hybrid that would be Sugoi!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Its no big thing I have had this cute little thing tring to teach me to ice skate for alittle over 2 years now, she keeps telling me it is the same as roller blading. I will learn eventually if it doesent kill me first

Snowboarding is awesome, although I havn't been in like 6 years. Long story.

My boyfriend is a hockey skater and skates on land too... he tries to teach me, but the whole balancing on such small things like blades and wheels gets me every time. It's a pain in the ass... literally.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
I've known how to skate on land since I was 9, yet something tells me that if I tried ice skating I'd hit the ground pretty fast. I don't believe ice skating is nearly as easy as roller blading.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
yeh it really is quite different - i've been rollerblading for yrs, but for some reason I can't quite get the hang of Ice skating.
My brother's been rollerblading for a few months and it only took him a few days to pick up ice skating. He was sakting pretty damn fast by his 3rd day. He said the rollerblading helped him alot.