Any Good Ps2 Games
Just got a ps2 and was wondering what really good ps2 games are out.
Here is a short list:

Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear XX
Capcom vs SNK 2
Suikoden III
Hajime no Ippo
Metal Gear 2

Those are the ones that came to me immediately.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
ARMORD CORE!!!!

Twisted Metal Black

Ring Of Red

Contra

R-Type Final

Big Grin
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
thanks some seem pretty good
Well, if you're an Japanese RPG fan like I am, here are some of the finer titles that have (or will soon) hit the market.

- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- La Pucelle Tactics
- Front Mission 4
- Xenosaga
- Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
- Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI
- Dark Cloud II
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (coming the end of the month)
- Phantom Brave (sequel to Disgaea, at the end of the month)
- Wild Arms: Alter Code F (complete remake of original Wild Arms)
- Shadow Hearts II (Sept 2004)
- Xenosaga II (Feb 2005)
- Kingdom Hearts II (2005)
- Final Fantasy XII (2005)

Meanwhile, if you're more into action or fighting games, there's lots of good stuff, such as:

- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater (Nov 2004)
- Gran Turismo 4 (Sept/Oct 2004)
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (Oct 2004)
- Guilty Gear Isuka (Nov 2004)
- Ratchet and Clank 3 (Oct 2004)
- Jak and Daxter 3 (late 2004/early 2005)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (November 2004)

There's plenty more that I can't think of right now. So you've lots of check out if you have the time.
to be honest i dont really know if im a jap rpg fan or not as i havnt really played any, allways wanted to play japenese games but havent. The second list has a few cool games like GT4 and MGS3, plus im also looking forward to ff12. Im am quite a fan of the final fantasy series even tho i have only ever played two of em, ff5 and 4.

one thing i want to get strainghtis, ff-x is the norm game, ff-xi was a net version, ff X-2 is ten part 2 and ff international final mission is an ending to ff-x.

the main reason i got a ps2 was for anime games and tekken 5, i was looking forward to the gundam games but ive heard that there all too linear and not too good. any help.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
Well, if you're an Japanese RPG fan like I am, here are some of the finer titles that have (or will soon) hit the market.

- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- La Pucelle Tactics
- Front Mission 4
- Xenosaga
- Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
- Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI
- Dark Cloud II
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (coming the end of the month)
- Phantom Brave (sequel to Disgaea, at the end of the month)
- Wild Arms: Alter Code F (complete remake of original Wild Arms)
- Shadow Hearts II (Sept 2004)
- Xenosaga II (Feb 2005)
- Kingdom Hearts II (2005)
- Final Fantasy XII (2005)

You forgot to mention Kingdom Hearts and Shadow Hearts.
Awesome games!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Hey did we just for get the best anime to video game of all time. Not to mention the greatest MORPG that really isn't one.... I am talking about...

.HACK
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
yeah that looks really cool, cant wait to get that.
As great as .hack//sign was, I really can't say I liked the .hack games very much. The music was bland, the gameplay was even more monotonous and repetitive. I eventually found myself playing through the second, third, and fourth games just learn more about the story, which I thought was pretty interesting. I guess I can have all those hours of non-stop levelling-up to thank for my lack of interest in the battles. But what I thought was really cool was how there was dual language tracks, so people who hated the english dubbing (such as myself), could always just swtich over to the Japanese dub on-the-fly. However, it was an ambitious project, so it definitely deserves to be on the list of great RPGs.

And how could I have forgotten about the original Kingdom Hearts and Shadow Hearts? I guess I was looking forward to the sequels to both that I forgot about the originals. Shame on me. Thanks Andromeda!
Ok here's my list:

1/Tekken Tag[T4 was a piece of crap and not worth your time]
2/Virtua Fighter 4[a very good fighter from a line that rivals Tekken]
3/Zone of the Enders[one of my favorite anime games]
4/The most current Ominishua[don't know the number but, still a great game]
5/DOA 2[Um not much to say except well good fighter...multiple rooms]
6/Devil May Cry[reminds me of Hellsing]
7/Soul Calibur 2[a fighter with swords'n'stuff]
8/Even though it's not on PS2 get FF7-8[the best IMO]
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
Just curious, how can you not remember which Onimusha is the most recent (in this case, it's Onimusha 3), if it's one of your favorite games? Or is it that you like all of them in general?

I enjoyed Onimusha 3 in general, probably cause of the awesome intro, as well as Kaneshiro Takeshi's return to the series. Jean Reno was icing on the cake.
I got tekken 4, (it sucks how jin has changed his style), i also zone of enders 2 , that is such a good game. Soul calibre 2 and DoA 3 i have on xbox.
I got a weird beat em up too, called bllody roar 4, the ppl change into monsters, tis pretty weird
Yeah, Bloody Roar's always been a little too weird for me, ever since playing the first one on the original PS, and the fourth one isn't much better either. I much prefer Soul Calibur II as a 3D fighting game, since it's the only fighting game franchise that emphasizes the use of actual weapons in the game. That puts it a notch above all other fighters, IMO.

As for 2D fighting games, my favorite on the PS2 has to be Guilty Gear XX, which along with its high-res anime graphics, is a fighting game elite's paradise! If you haven't checked it out by now, shame on you!
Forshame indeed. GGXX is soooo amazing and Isuka is going to stomp a mudhole in it and walk it dry!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"