Flcl
I do know that, but it would of still been nice to see at least a 13 episode series for FLCL

like i said before, flcl went on for 3 hours and it was six ep. hellsing went on for 3 hours also and had 13 episodes. flcl lasted the same amount of time as a normal oav but had less and longer episodes. flcl had half hour ep. and hellsing had 15min ep.
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
From the most I have heard Gainix has not been able to live up to FLCL with any of their releases since FLCL anybody know or not?

I actually enjoyed Abenobashi more than FLCL, and FLCL practically made me cream my pants the first time I saw it...

It has the same insanity of FLCL, but I got way more attached to the characters much faster.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
like i said before, flcl went on for 3 hours and it was six ep. hellsing went on for 3 hours also and had 13 episodes. flcl lasted the same amount of time as a normal oav but had less and longer episodes. flcl had half hour ep. and hellsing had 15min ep.

Ummm, each Hellsing episode was around 23 minutes long like most anime TV series so its running time was about 5 hours long.

FLCL's running time was around two and a half hours total, 25 minutes for ep 1-5 and 30 minutes for episode 6.

FLCL was fine as a 6 episode OVA, I don't like it when series drag out too long and for FLCL it didnt feel like they were rushing anything and it had a good ending which is something alot of longer series can't seem to do.

Abenobashi was alright but I found FLCL to be much better.
When you are talking about drug out series you mean stuff like Kenshin and Inyuyasha 100+ episodes???
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
i love FLCL it is awesome.
only if they would make a tv series to go with the what feels like OVA 6 episode series, wasent enough for me. i have seen the first episode of that Abenobashi Magic Shopping Street series. it was ok the only thing i dont like is those accents they have. country accents in an anime its just bad.

-Lacuna Coil-
Robojack Wrote:Their last project, Kono Minikumo Utsukushi Sekai, was a flop in my opinion.

I thought it sucked too and this sequel to Gunbuster(One of my top ten favorites of all time) looks like complete shit.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
israfel hellsings episodes werent 15 mins long they were 23.

FLCL = 180 runtime
Hellsing = 325 runtime

so there is a diffrence. also thats why the perfect sets are split up hellsing is on 2 discs and FLCL is on 1. if they were the same length they would be on the same number of discs !

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
i know, i know, i know. sometimes i just feel like pulling things out of my ass. wait a minute that could go the wrong way :o
I liked how they had Lupin the Third refferences.

FLCL was too much a tease in my opinion. FLCL is almost like Blood the Last Vampire. Well at least FLCL had a story though.

Don't get me wrong I love FLCL.