zombies...
Hello people this is my first new thread post, and its probably not a good one, but hey... anyway during a discussion i was having with a few mates on what indivdual elements make a good movie the idea of zombies came up and i felt that that this was a great point, especially i seem to have loads of them. So i was wondering if anyone knows of any good animes out there with loads of zombies in them, preferably the slow crap ones, not those nippy bastards in the dawn of the dead remake...
cheers for listening people...
Just get Berserk.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Hellsing and vamp hunter d blood lust.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
cheers for that, it just so happens that i had ordered berserk the other day after being told by a mate of mine that its immense, as for hellsing i keep looking at it and thinking that it just looks a bit nothingy, in that i get this impression that its all style and no substance, having said that i have only seen the first 3 episodes, but in a 13 episode anime i expect it to start off with the main story ark staright away. So in that case could you please tell me if it gets any more involved, as although i said i'd like somethign with zombies i would also like something with a deep plot, maybe not to the point of rahxephon but never-the-less somehing that i can get involved in,,, thanks for the replies people....
I think Hellsing gets a bad rep for its story, you have to remember it is very different from the manga in some aspects, but it is a show that is a bit story light at points. Storywise i think the relationship between Integra, Alucard, and Seras is the best part. As a13 ep show they do get into the main story late, but i think that has to do with the fact that they cant realy do the manga story arc in only 13 eps. This is why we see incognito instead of the villans from the manga.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
I saw the first 3 or 4 eps of Hellsing and couldn't stand anymore. BLECH
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Hellsing is one of my favorite animes and if you get the HK it's only $14 as opposed to $120. Great deal for a great anime. Yes, style is probably it's main draw point but I have no problem with that as long as there is story and it keeps me wanting to watch.

Besides, why are you looking for something with a deep story if you are looking for something with zombies? Zombie movies aren't exactly known for their story lines...
I see what your getting at, but is it too much to ask for something that can offer something that does have depth? especially as i have already been told to get berserk which is said to be very good in all aspects, i must admit i do find myself wondering on whether to get hellsing from time to time, but it always sits in my mind that i watched the first three episodes and found nothing that really stood out apart from the main character and also that priest with all the throwing knives. I know it sounds like am asking for too much but one of the reasons i like anime is that it offers more than just one thing like in regular hollywood films and some tv, as i tend to find that if you are looking for one thing, in this case something with zombies then thats all you get whereas in anime you can get something like evangelion that starts off as nothing more than giant robots, but its not that simple come the end. dunno if am getting my point across that well though, but i feel there are plenty of serious animes that offer up ridiculous things as part of them and so i was wondering if there was such an anime that would offer me what am looking for, although i think that berserk is going to be more than good enough for me.

cheers for all the replies
Well if you are just looking for good anime I suggest sitting down for a couple hours and reading different reviews from the review section to see what they are about and what other people think of them. I've found some great anime I wouldn't have seen if I hadn't done that such as irresponsible captain tylor tv (havn't seen the ova series yet). Argento Soma is another example. While it might be a bit slow for some people I personally like it. Just look around, you know what kind of things you are looking for.
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien
Hellsing is one of my favorite animes and if you get the HK it's only $14 as opposed to $120. Great deal for a great anime. Yes, style is probably it's main draw point but I have no problem with that as long as there is story and it keeps me wanting to watch.

Besides, why are you looking for something with a deep story if you are looking for something with zombies? Zombie movies aren't exactly known for their story lines...

Besides, why are you looking for something with a deep story if you are looking for something with zombies? Zombie movies aren't exactly known for their story lines... [/B][/QUOTE]
I'll take a bit of offense to that, as a zombie movie fan.
Dawn of the Dead(the original, not the new one) is a very well made zombie movie with a excellent story. Great issues like the fall of society, human nature, materialism, societal division, and even racisim. Not all zombie movies are House of the Dead. Also remember movies like Zombi, Serpant and the Rainbow, and White Zombie.
Berserk Rules Fullstop!

but anime Zombie wise Hellsing,Vamp D Bloodlust,Shaman Kings, Death Note

cant think of any others at the mo
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Actually i'm a zombie movie fan myself. I didn't say all zombie movies have little story, but i'm sure you will agree that most of them are more about action/shock value. Take Resident Evil for example. I love this movie and it has a cool concept behind it from the video games, but it's mainly a zombie action movie. Another good example is the evil dead series. Not too much on the story side but the character and comedy in those movies make them awesome.