Excited To Learn !
hey,

Well i have been telling myself that it would be great to learn japanese. well i was at hastings (used and new entertainment store) and i was looking at new games for my PC and i stumbled upon one last set of :
Instant Immersion Japanese New & Improved.

So in seeing this i freaked out it is a 4 disc set and looks very good and was a steal only $19.99!

( Check It Out Here ! )

Well take a look at it it looks good i cant wait to dive into it and then i can start enjoying the other sets that arent dubbed yet. tell me what you think of this software.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Sounds cool, personally I would take a class. For me its hard to learn from a CD. Japanese is an extreamly hard language.
Omedetoo Gozaimasu.
Watashimo Shindelu:eek:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
domo
Good Luck!

im gonna join you in the fall/Autumn! need to learn loads coz wanna go back to Japan ASAP and teach English

thus 2 years (got final year uni and pre reg year then im a Pharmacist Rolleyes ie lame )
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
im going to start taking japanese when im in eighth grade at my local high school
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile
Well take a look at it it looks good i cant wait to dive into it and then i can start enjoying the other sets that arent dubbed yet. tell me what you think of this software.
-LE

My keyboard is sitting on top of the package to it. My dad bought it a few years back for me because he knew I was into anime. For me it didn't work to well, not saying that I really tried. The best part about the set for me was the translator, which I had already d/led off the web a few months before.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I took two years of Japanese in high school, I still only know like 5% of the language. My teacher said that you learn Japanese so fast if you stay in Japan for more than a month.
Hi ,
Not so long ago , I found a link to a FAST server that had the famous ?Pimsleur?

I was able to take : 2 CDs ( Pimsleur learn Japanese I , Pimsleur learn Japanese II )

These CDs were out of this world !! , it was a great find

Pimsleur learn Japanese I:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...4?v=glance

Pimsleur learn Japanese II:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...books&st=*

I didn?t know they were that expensive $_$.. each CD is around $345.00

Here is a snap of one of the CDs I downloaded

I also managed to grab some learn Spanish and Russian CDs.. it took me two days to dl 4+ GBs , then the server died , maybe you could find things like this in private servers

edit:
all 3 cds ...only $695. ... is that cheap or what !

http://www.multilingualbooks.com/pims-japanese.html

Attached Files
.gif   captured.gif (Size: 179.77 KB / Downloads: 7)
my mistake i have vol II & III

here are some kanji cards samples

there are around 150 of them on vol II Smile

Attached Files
.zip   kanji cards.zip (Size: 95.54 KB / Downloads: 5)
pimseluer is supposed to be the cadillac of learning programs. i personally learned from a pair of books that were really used and i feel they were perfect for me.

learning japanese is way easy. i can't think of a language that is easier. but beware and make sure you know what to look for in a course. make sure they drill you on grammar not just pronounciation. also make sure the course teaches you how to read from the get go.
and japanese phrase book is scaned

here is a sample

=========================

So far , I finished two units

The way they do it , is to start the unite with a conversation in Japanese , when you first hear it you won?t understand a thing , then this conversation will be broken into bits and explained in English and repeated to you more than once until you can speak with a nice Japanese accent

edit:

Yeah Pimsleur are top-top with their quality but they are expensive as hell , unless you find them for free heheheBig Grin

Attached Files
.zip   japanese phrase book.zip (Size: 186.39 KB / Downloads: 2)
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
learning japanese is way easy. i can't think of a language that is easier. but beware and make sure you know what to look for in a course. make sure they drill you on grammar not just pronounciation. also make sure the course teaches you how to read from the get go.

I think you're absolutely right Tsunami. Grammar is very important. The easiest way to learn a language is knowing how it works.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
yep Grammar is essential inorder to fully know a language!

Japanese is V hard to learn to raed it though i learned some Katakana coz thats easy but just to read the avearge news paper you have to know 1000+ caracters

learning to read is a no go area for me, it takes the avearge Japanese till the age of 12 to remotely read a news paper!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/