Now and then, here and now, need info plz
I see Now and then, here and now sells on 3 discs but is only 13 episodes. Can anyone tell me the episode breakdown and the reason why they use three discs? A lot of extras perhaps? Let me know if you have any info. Thanks.
They use three discs because the MAC set is pretty much a direct rip of the R1 sets, with NO compressing of extra episodes into each disc, so each DVD has about 4-5 episodes. I actually like this, since the video quality's consistent and top notch, with no pixelation whatsoever (from what I saw). Combined with superb subtitles and audio, it's a fantastic set, and I highly recommend you get it.

Also, my version's packaging seem to claim that FX did it (complete with FX logo), but looking at the DVD label designs and format, it's obvious they're MAC discs. Weird, but not a big deal.
Yeah at one point Mac were putting fx logos on all their stuff!
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
They use three discs because the MAC set is pretty much a direct rip of the R1 sets, with NO compressing of extra episodes into each disc, so each DVD has about 4-5 episodes. I actually like this, since the video quality's consistent and top notch, with no pixelation whatsoever (from what I saw). Combined with superb subtitles and audio, it's a fantastic set, and I highly recommend you get it.

It is not exactly a direct r1 rip. The extras on the r1s are not included on the mac hk set. However it is a very good set. I just coulda wish that fx could've released Now and Then Here and There. Then maybe all the extras could be on it because the extras are pretty cool (sketches etc etc etc)
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
I have the set and I have to say that it has the best video of and HK I have seen, besides EVA from MAC, I dont recall any extras. However, it is one of the best animes I have ever seen, I suggest it highly.
I think the R1 set came with an extra dvd with extras. Not sure if the single volumes had any extras.
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
I think the R1 set came with an extra dvd with extras. Not sure if the single volumes had any extras.

My friend owns the single volumes of Now and Then, Here and There and there are extras on each volume. The extras are just trailers, sketches, a look at the Big Apple Anime Fest, and others.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~