Steam Boy any news ?
Been trying to get information on when its being released to the theatres
saw a 6 minutes clip on the net- looks like one of the best animes ever- heard it has to be out in August to be considered for next years academy awards. where i live we only have one theatre and i have to drive about an hour to where I can see stuff like this , any info is appreciated ( getting very impatient- waiting )
Well, the anime will premiere in Japan in 2 days. I really don't know when it's going to premiere in the US but since the premiere date for France is the 22nd of September it shouldn't take much longer than that to premiere there.

I just found this on the web: "It should see a U.S. theatrical release by the end of the year. It will come in two flavors: a dubbed and edited version and an uncut subtitled print".
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
A dubbed and edited version. Why must they edit anime? Why? What possible reasoning could they use to edit anime? You can chop stuff up from the official release later for tv (like outlaw star did) but why release it edited? Just don't get how these people think. =/