Manga anyone?
Quote:Originally posted by kristym22
Hana Kimi is about a girl who sees a high jumper on tv while in japan on vacation and becomes a huge fan.And in pursue of her obsession she goes to school in japan in hopes of seeing him high jump.but the school that she transfurs to happens to be an all males school.

Hope that helps. Just got done readeing all 22 manga on cd scanalations at least I think its all but it ended kinda funny so maybe I got a defective disk or they have not finished writeing it or something.Awe-well I guess I will look it up sometime...Kristy Smile

Did you know Hana Kimi is being published in English by Viz? I think they've published 2 volumes so far.
I like this kind of story, think I'm going to buy it. 22 is a bit long but I'm used to it. Many of the titles I'm collecting right now are comprised of more than 20 volumes, like Basara (27 vol), Hoshin Engi (23 vol), Bastard (22 vol so far), etc. And some of my complete collections are also long, Angel Sanctuary is 20 volumes long and Lone Wolf and Cub is comprised of 27 volumes.

Amethyst, I'm pretty sure that given the popularity Clamp have in the US they'll publish RG Veda in English sooner or later. I've watched the first 4 episodes of Saiyuki and liked it quite much but since buying R1 dvds is a bit expensive for us Europeans (and because I spend all my money in manga) I'm going to wait for the HK set.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_

Amethyst, I'm pretty sure that given the popularity Clamp have in the US they'll publish RG Veda in English sooner or later. I've watched the first 4 episodes of Saiyuki and liked it quite much but since buying R1 dvds is a bit expensive for us Europeans (and because I spend all my money in manga) I'm going to wait for the HK set.

Well from what I've seen of the first episode in R1 of Saiyuki, I'm not impressed with the dubbing, they've completely changed Hakkai's character from the polite nice one we know to one that curses every other word and is just not the same!!

I have the HK subbed set, just got Reload, got half of it watched... man I liked that series... if you're looking for HK sets, FX just got the first 26 episodes done... and if you're looking for it or Reload pm me and I'll give you info that has both sets. Reload is only subbed in the HK version.
I read on http://www.animenewsnetwork.com that there are 3 Saiyuki series and a movie:

Saiyuki (50 eps)
Saiyuki Reload (25 eps)
Saiyuki Gunlock
Saiyuki: Requiem (movie)

Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Gunlock have been licensed by Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. and Saiyuki: Requiem has been licensed by ADV Films. This is good news! It means that sooner or later all Saiyuki series will be on sale in the US.
I just bought GTO 12 through 16 today, cant wait to read them.
The manga that I am currently enjoying:

Berserk
Blade of the Immortal
One Piece
Gunsmith Cats
Fist of the North Star
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by Jiro Komyoji
What are the names of the manga magazines that you read. Graphic novels cost a lot these days so I would like to know a couple good manga magazines.

How about Shonen Jump.
I read on http://www.animenewsnetwork.com that there are 3 Saiyuki series and a movie:

Saiyuki (50 eps)
Saiyuki Reload (25 eps)
Saiyuki Gunlock
Saiyuki: Requiem (movie)

Yes, and I have them all on HK and have watched all but the last disk ( 9 epi.) of Reload.

Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Gunlock have been licensed by Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. and Saiyuki: Requiem has been licensed by ADV Films. This is good news! It means that sooner or later all Saiyuki series will be on sale in the US.

Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that whoever licensed it has seriously altered the character Hakkai in the dubbed version. They had the first episode on a New Type disk and if you read in the anime newsgroups you'll see how many people were rather upset about the change of character... Now as to whether or not they changed his character in the subbed version I don't know for sure, but I would like to know before I pick up any R1's since I definetely won't be watching the dubs...
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
How about Shonen Jump.

900 page manga magazines are probably the japanese ones, cos I've never seen magazines that thick that are translated in english - but a good english manga are Animerica Extra and Animerica is a good magazine on whats new and what to get etc..
your right animeshop they are untranslated. but i tell yah i can go through a 900 pager in a couple of days if i feel like it. i've only seen shounen jump in english so i can't say i know anything about american extra.
Quote:Originally posted by animeshop
900 page manga magazines are probably the japanese ones, cos I've never seen magazines that thick that are translated in english - but a good english manga are Animerica Extra and Animerica is a good magazine on whats new and what to get etc..

They sell them here in washingtion. It has like DBZ, Naruto, Kenshin, One Piece, YuYu Hakisho and some others. All in one big book that comes every month.
really? cool, whats it called? (not shounen jump is it, cos I have one of those and its not that thick)
really? cool, whats it called? (not shounen jump is it, cos I have one of those and its not that thick)

Nope, thats what it is, it has a chapter of all of those mangas every month.
Quote:Originally posted by Amethyst
Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that whoever licensed it has seriously altered the character Hakkai in the dubbed version. They had the first episode on a New Type disk and if you read in the anime newsgroups you'll see how many people were rather upset about the change of character... Now as to whether or not they changed his character in the subbed version I don't know for sure, but I would like to know before I pick up any R1's since I definetely won't be watching the dubs...

I always watch anime subbed so it doesn't really bother me if they alter a characters voice or not. I do understand why you're upset. I don't like the fact that Garfield's voice in the movie isn't the same as in the cartoons. They probably had´a good reason to change the voice but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Animeshop, have you tried Super Manga Blast? It's a manga magazine like Animerica Extra. It has good manga like Seraphic Feather and Shadow Star.
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
your right animeshop they are untranslated. but i tell yah i can go through a 900 pager in a couple of days if i feel like it. i've only seen shounen jump in english so i can't say i know anything about american extra.

animerica extra is more shoujo - girly comics and such, which is partly why i prefer it, shounen jump got a few good stuff - but i detest with a capital D , dragon ball Z

-
and yeh andromeda i have read super manga blast - not bad, i like the kitty comics, and some others - but animerica is my fav at the moment
animerica extra is more shoujo - girly comics and such, which is partly why i prefer it, shounen jump got a few good stuff - but i detest with a capital D , dragon ball Z

-
and yeh andromeda i have read super manga blast - not bad, i like the kitty comics, and some others - but animerica is my fav at the moment

I also can not stand DBZ, IMO its one of the worst animes out there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone reading any good manga? gubi-gubi 16 7,557 07-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Last Post: odin0425
  Does anyone know where I can find Gunslinger Girl manga Volume 4 + online in english? Mot_Soldats 0 1,058 11-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Mot_Soldats
  Favorite Manga Anyone? Ryoku Slayer 20 9,451 07-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Last Post: animeshop