HK DVDs on Laptop?
Will these HK DVDs work on my Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop? (16x DVD-ROM) And will it work on all DVD players on laptops?
You shouldn't have any problems at all. They are very good with laptops.
Well, you might have some problems. I guess it depends. dvd_master didn't have any problem but 2 discs of my GTO (FX) set didn't work on my laptop. The same happened with some of the discs of my Ranma 1/2 part 1 (MAC) and part 2 (FX) sets.
nope. There was a massive report about this about 4 and a half months back. While the HK DVDs worked on regular PC DVD-Roms, they wouldn't work on the Laptop equivelents of more or less similar hardware!!!!
I just tried it on my laptop and got it to work. It won't autoplay and you can't use WinDVD to play it. I opened up Windows Media Player, went to open up the disc, chose open 'any files', and then it worked. You have to change which type of files it can open. It then saw the files and I clecked on the one I wanted to play.

Only problem is that menus and stuff like that don't work. But you can play just the episodes if that's what you're trying to do.
yeah, on my toshiba satellite, i cant play any HK's when i put then in to the drive it wont recognise em and says the disk might be corrupt or non compatable with windows. I first thought it was my dvd drive but normal r2's work so its not the drive .
I tried many vcds, dvds - hk's, officials, burns on my sony vaio laptop and 2 standalone players when i was in hong kong to check them all. Most stuff worked on all 3 players but random disks (there was no discernable trend) did not work on the laptop but worked on the standalones or vice versa. I guess having more than one type of player is a good idea.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread (over a year lol), but not only did the HK DVDs WORK on my laptop, but they worked exceptionally well! I am very pleased with the quality of these sets (and especially the price Wink ) so I am now no longer reluctant to buy these DVDs. Thanks for the responses!
I've been playing HK DVDS on my laptop and it is a good play back. BUT try not to use it too much but play your HK DVDS on a normal DVD player.

THE REASON... excessive playing could damage the notebook's DVD player mechanic system. I've experienced this and I bought an external DVD/RW using the USB port on the notebook to use discs. Reason is that the notebook DVD replacement is very expensive.
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>