Recommendations for introducing a girl to anime.
I'm telling you Totoro is a shoe in for one of the best chick flicks regardless of what type of girl she is.

I started my wife on Totoro then moved to Fushigi Yuugi then Love Hina. Now she's watching L/R with me and she also really got into Initial D.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
My problem is my girlfriend has the attention span of a 5-year-old lol. We have to be watching something really good for her to sit down and watch more than 30 mins of tv like Elimidate. (Eww, hate that show) Gonna try cowboy bebop on her whenever it arrives. Ordered offa ebay with a new guy and its taking over two weeks now. Wish I had found this site sooner lol.
Bebop is great but I'm telling you to go with Totoro.
My wife thought Bebop was ok but it's really more of a guys show so don't be surprised if your girl doesn't like it as much as you do. I know a number of women who enjoyed Bebop but they also liked Trigun and just about any other well done anime.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
well since I have the complete opposite of a sterotypical girlfriend gonna break her in with Hellsing(she loves vampires) we shall see how that goes, however i've known alot of Girls who liked Bebop the first time they seen it (now they are starting to bug me for more names of anime's), If they don't mind subtitles Naruto actually does pretty well to cause of all the emotion and such :*(.
[Image: crimnew3.jpg]
The first anime series I got my gf hooked on was Cowboy Bebop... she's watched it three times since then. Other series and movies she's fallen for since are:

Escaflowne
X (tv)
FLCL
sCRYed
BoogiePop Phantom

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Blood: The Last Vampire

I've always thought Cowboy Bebop was the best series/movie to introduce -anyone- to anime with... girl or not... but many of the other suggestions above are good, too. Just thought I'd list some of the shows my gal in particular has -really- enjoyed.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Oh yeah... almost forgot about Hellsing... she really enjoys the vampires, too. Wink Not to mention, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Hmm, totally forgot about Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, may give that a try tomorrow, if my cowboy bebop titles aren't here yet. (Beginning to think the mail service lost them) /eep
Considering you bought the HK from ebay, the seller is probubly taking there sweet time shipping it out. Hk Sellers on ebay are like that..actually all sellers are! >> *speaks from experience*
*~ Tiffy~*

"Thank you God!! I've got... my PRINT CLUB!!!"

My R1 Collection

My list wish
Most HK ebayers have shipped to me withing a week. Pretty good, this guy won't respond to e-mails or anything and I forgot to get insurance on a $100 item and I think it may be postal problem. /shivers Guess i'll see soon.
I finally found a series my girlfriend will watch with me, and it's a long one! She actually likes Kenshine. I watched a couple eps on cartoon network and didn't like it but after reading a few reviews I decided to try it and it's awesome so far. (On about episode 12) Thanks for the info guys. Will prolly get Love Hina when Kenshin is done and see how that goes over.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Also, pretty much any girl I've known that likes anime has always liked Rurouni Kenshin. So you might want to try that one.

And I quote, something I wrote a month and a half ago.
Aye, why I thanked the guys that said Kenshin for the info. Wink Thanks Vicious, i'm just happy I found something she likes. I don't know about later episodes but so far Kenshin reminds me a lot of Trigun. Maybe i'll try that on her again after were done with Kenshin.
Glad you have found a set she likes. And Kenshin is a great way to go. Also find that anime movies something that is true anime but short is great way to bring some one in. It worked on Akane. We watched Vampire Hunter D bloddlust and since she like Hellsing I would bet she would like that one to.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Yeah movies are great because you don't have to have the commitment you do for a series.