what does shipping info received mean?? USPS??
i ordered a package from an online store they gave me a DC# but theres a problem..

whenever i check the number all i get the is some stupid message below.

the usps was electronically notified to expect your package for delievery service??

what the hell does that mean?

anyway i checked at the post office gave them the DC# this is what it say on their system.

scheduled delievery: 05/04/2004
electronic file number: #########
date/time tendering mail:05/02/2004 01:00
number of deleiviery confirmation linked to this electronic file

electroinic shipping info received 05/02/2004 location NY

the woman at the post office said i received the package?? i was like wtf??

this is not the first time this type of crap has happened either..

now that i look at the invoice even though she says i got the thing i think it means they got the LOCATION of when it was mailed out..

should i be worried about someone else getting my stuff?? i mean one of my neighbors got my package last time and that package had over 80 bucks worth of stuff in it!!

the usps has got a bad habit of hiring people who cant read or half read...
Quote:Originally posted by casshan83
i ordered a package from an online store they gave me a DC# but theres a problem..

whenever i check the number all i get the is some stupid message below.

the usps was electronically notified to expect your package for delievery service??

what the hell does that mean?

It means it was shipped from that location... and that's about all it means... and as I'm sure you've noticed, the USPS doesn't update their priority mail packages on their web site like they are supposed to... or I should say like they used to... since you used to be able to put in a priority number and it will tell you almost to the exact time when it would be delivered to your door... but not any more! After it has been delivered, it will list it as such, or the attempt to deliver it... As to why someone else got your package, well that is mail fraud and is a crime... so report it to the post office that your mail carrier gave your mail to someone else and you didn't get it... now if they sent it back as the wrong address, then you should be checking with whom you bought the stuff from....
your right about usps not updating their site they use to update it every day i dont think they even bother with it no more...

i will hold out one more day the expected deleivery time is 2 days and 3 days being at the very latest..

he shipped it saturday so it was supposed to come today oh well another day wont hurt me...
If you willing to pay more for the private shipping companies then go for it but if your not it's either usps or a guy on a horse, he'll get your package to where it's going.
It's all about the love Wink
Depending on where you are...if you are in Hawaii or in APO, it will take 1-2 extra days, according to the Post Mistress at the Post Office.

Unless the info gives you," The item was delivered at XX/XX/2004 at XX:XXam/pm," your item is still in transit. If not, the Post Office is just lazy to update their records.

I usually trust UPS more because UPS generally makes sure that they hand over the items to a person at the address and not leave it with neighbors unless you instruct them to. UPS tries to redeliver if you aren't home the first time they were there.

USPS, man, they just leave your outside your front door. Basically anyone who walks past could take your items, more so if you live in an apt.