Would any one know...
Anyone by chance know what a "Bailey Box" is? I've been thinking about buying some r1 sets, and they say it comes in a "Bailey box", so I was just curious if anyone by chance knew what exactly that was; and how it differs from a normal "box"

Thanks
I didn't know what it was until recently. I just bought El Hazard Wanderers and that's supposed to have a Bailey Box.

Basically my El Hazard set was 4 discs in their own individual DVD cases and stuff. And then this was all surrounded by a thick clear plastic type of slipcover. That's all a Bailey Box is . . . a sort of clear plastic type of box instead of the usual cardboard ones.
ahah, thanks for answering, I had a feeling you might know. Oddly enough thats actually part of the reason I was asking; I've been circling the waters at Rightstuf since this morning and saw that listed in the weekly specials...
I see. Yeah, I bought mine from Rightstuf too. It's basically like getting all 4 DVD's separately, and if you don't like the clear plastic case, you can just throw it away. That's the reason why I took a chance originally on a "Bailey box". Not sure why they named it that. :confused:

EDIT: How'd you know I would know if you only recently registered and only have 4 posts so far?
Yeah, I like the individual dvds myself, not a fan of the one case collections if they're are individual dvds to have. I just figured you'd know since it seems like you have an extensive collection.

But I'm also a lurker, I've been here for a while, I just don't like to talk much. I also lurk in the backround at anime on dvd, haven't bothered to register there though.

Edit: Btw, this is a question I've been wondering about for close to 3-4 weeks now, and after seeing the El Hazard one, having finally decided to muster the effort to go ask.....
Yeah, I'm a member of AoD forums also. mostly visit the English Track and the Retail Forum there. I'm officially the Enforcer for the Church of TRSI, since I didn't want any religious titles and since I like being the Enforcer. Wink

I hate those brick boxsets and refuse to buy them. there have been a few times where I've accidentally bought them, but quickly sold them on Ebay.