how many dvd players have you had?
Well just recently my DVD player keeled over and bit the dust. I got a new DVD player now. But what I am wondering is how many have you guys gone through.
i have had 4 and still have 4.
i took back my xbox so i got a new one so its all good still !

-Xbox
-Ps2
-Daewoo
-PC

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
I have three now.

Oritron
APEX (the one I no longer have after going through two of them:madSmile
Daewoo
PS2
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I have 8 but 1 just died a couple of days ago.
I have 2, a Panasonic and my PS2, if you count DVD-ROMs there are 5 in total.
4 DVD-Rom drives
3 DVD players
1 PS2
1 portable DVD player
And 1 dead DVD player. [It was crap. Tossed it when I got my new SONY]
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
1 DVD player
&
1 PS2

Although we don't ever clean the dvd player, luckly it has yet to kick the bucket.Smile
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Hey a question for ALL of you guys, out of ALL the dvd players that you mention (PC/DVD drive not included), whats the best one, and if you have had any problems with HK anime with that dvd player
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Well I have A GE Player that is the first I ever owned and still have today. It's like 6 years old and still works wonders. No HK problems.

I have a DVD Rom

I had a PS2 that completely died.

I now have a second PS2.

PS2 sux major for a player.

I plan on getting a surround sound system that is equipped with a 5 dvd changer. I saw one that totally rocks and will soon own it. But I will never get rid of my old faithful GE.Wink
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
I have a ps2 which is an older model so it wont play most my anime let alone any dvds, I also have a phillipus dvd player which my dad gave to me when he bought his digital camra and got the player free and we bought a dvd/vcr combo for the family last xmas which I had some problems with my GTO on. But I think it had dust on the lens.
A Pioneer standalone
A Toshiba standalone
DVD-ROM
PS2 (never used for DVDs)
Xbox (never used for movies)

Haven't had one of them die on me yet. Onegai Teacher and X TV (both FX) are the only DVD discs that I've had problems with in the five years or so I've been watching DVDs.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
I've got 3. A ps2, a Philips and a cheap Finlux for the bedroom.

The Ps2 sucks as a dvd player although it took me a hell of a long time to admit that since it was the only one I had for 2 years. The philips was free with my mobile phone and is the best one. The finlux plays everything and if something is scratched it will just hang for a second and continue, it never locks up.

My DVD-Rom which is going on it's 3rd year and a Toshiba which is about 2.75 years old. My DVD-Rom is working great, but the Toshiba does pause slightly on layer changes.
i have owned a total of 7 stand alone dvd players though none of them have died on me yet. 2 of them i sold off, and 5 are still in my house hooked up to various tvs.
Look, maybe you just saw a one headed monkey carrying two watermelons.
Using the PS2 as a dvd player will destroy your lens at a exponential rate, compared to playing games on it. The system simply wasn't made to play DVD movies, and just isn't any good at it. Sony uses really cheap parts when manufacturing the PS2, particularly the drive itself, so why make it more suspectible to DREs by straining it? When you play DVDs, you force the drive to continuously spin to access data, and depending on the quality of the media you're using, this can quickly wear down the lens of the drive. This'll eventually lead to the DRE errors when playing games.

I know someone who burned his lens out in 3 months, by just playing R1 region DVDs on it every other day. He thought he was getting a deal, getting a gaming system AND a DVD player in one. He thought wrong.

Standalone DVD players are really cheap these days, so don't skimp and get a decent, brand name one, like Sony, Panasonic, or Toshiba (which is what I own), and it'll last you for several years, regardless of your viewing habits. I have friends with players of the above brands, who watch DVDs like crazy and to this day, have not have problems with their standalone players.