Dreamcast games anyone?
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
in the UK they are <£30 with controler and cables!

Thanks man, so that's about ?50,-. I can do that. I found some arround that price on auction sites.

Friend of mine just got one and he's downloading games like mad. When he said that you don't need a mod chip or bootdisk I got very interested.

I must say that I'm very impressed with the graphics this machine can produce. Its about the same as a ps2 only the controls don't seem to be so smooth. Anyone know the short version of the story why the DC went under?
well simply put...

Sony advertising beat the hell outta DC adverts so many parents bought there kids PS2's

and then the casual gamer or not so enthsiastic gamer went for PS2's due to the failure of sega's last venture (ie Saturn)

PS1 had allready established it self hugely in the adult market, sony single handedly made Gaming more accesible to the older market and gaming was no longer seen as a kids thing, hence many of these older lot stuck to sony (eg the post pub gaming session - awesome)

at the time of PS2 coming out the price was just marginally higher than DVDplayers were back then so many people had added incentive to but it

therefore sega lost a shit load of money and had to opt out of the hardware market!

SadSad

coz DC rocks
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Also, EA didn't support the Dreamcast, which meant there was a lack of mainstream sport titles - crucial for the US market in particular.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
well simply put...

Sony advertising beat the hell outta DC adverts so many parents bought there kids PS2's

and then the casual gamer or not so enthsiastic gamer went for PS2's due to the failure of sega's last venture (ie Saturn)

PS1 had allready established it self hugely in the adult market, sony single handedly made Gaming more accesible to the older market and gaming was no longer seen as a kids thing, hence many of these older lot stuck to sony (eg the post pub gaming session - awesome)

at the time of PS2 coming out the price was just marginally higher than DVDplayers were back then so many people had added incentive to but it

therefore sega lost a shit load of money and had to opt out of the hardware market!

SadSad

coz DC rocks

Actually, from what I could tell, Sega pussied out immediately after the launch of PS2, b/c they were scared. Not because of any actual doom. There was no reason for them to duck out.
EB games has them for 19.99 also have N64 there too. on monday im getting a dremcast again. i had one and sold it for tons of ps2 games. i had about 300 games and i got shit for them when i traded them in it sucked.

get :

Crazy taxi
Virtua Tennis
Powerstone

cant think of anymore at the moment on monday im going to look for some good ones ill let you know which others are great.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Actually, from what I could tell, Sega pussied out immediately after the launch of PS2, b/c they were scared. Not because of any actual doom. There was no reason for them to duck out.

Sega might have pussied out in the states but gave it a go in Europe, definately i remeber when they started to bundle DVD player with dreamcasts and 2 games for like £160

wow!

and they did have a reason cos Sega lost alot of money!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
ok, im having trouble playing beserk (game not dvd) for some reason it wont work, its get as far as the sega logo and then goes to the set-up menu (with the memory card and date settings and shit), then i click on 'play game' and it goes to the sega logo and then back to the settings menu, what the fuck!?!? it worked perfectly the other day! and i havent scratched it of anything cause it never left the console!

basically i wanna know if theres a way of fixing the disc (assuming its scratched) or makin it work somehow, any ideas at all?
see you space cowboy...
A game doctor perhaps? Mine works wonders. But I never heard of your problem Sanosuke.Sad
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Jo Jo's Adventure is a cool game. There is also an anime of it.
-Kanon!!