Poll: Should a Reward Scheme be Introduced?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rewards for more Reviews!
51.61%
16 51.61%
Reviewing is Reward enough!
41.94%
13 41.94%
Dont give a Flying Fuck!
6.45%
2 6.45%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We Need More Reviews!!!
I like the trusted viewer idea, as well. I think it would be a good incentive for reviewers. The trusted reviewer title shouldn't be based on quantity though. Maybe, a trusted reviewer would be announced every so often for those reviewers who have consecutively well written and just plan good reviews.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
I like the trusted viewer idea, as well. I think it would be a good incentive for reviewers. The trusted reviewer title shouldn't be based on quantity though. Maybe, a trusted reviewer would be announced every so often for those reviewers who have consecutively well written and just plan good reviews.

Yes we know that.. to me a trusted reviewer is someone that we can trust there reviews.. its not about how many they write its about how good they write them.. i would rather see less reviews but are far better and more helpfull.. And anyways if you look at the Level scehme its based off experiance people get from writitng more.. Or Screenshots which actually don't add that much to experiance.. but since we implemented it no one has really used it..
Trusted Reviews are in general people who are trusted in the community for giving accurate reviews ( and how in general have a higher standard ). These are people who are in the HK community for a long time, and who also know how to rate things.

It's not quantity of a review that make's it a good review, but how good the reviewer can be.

Let me give a example:

Only a short while ago, somebody posted a review for the FX Vampire Hunter set. It was a long review, so far so good ... but the reviewer desided dat becouse there are 2 movie's on the set, and one of them had no subs, that he found that the entire set subs needed to be marked 1/5. Now here come's the kicker, the 1 movie with no subs wasent able to have any subs, sinds it was originaly a dub only release. But anybody reading the review that dident know this fact, was going to be under impression that the this set was a bad one, becouse of the low score & the so called missing subs on 1 movie.

A reviewer needs to have commen sence to check at leased the R1 version. I've seen people claiming "bad video rip" becouse of pixelation, but then when you check the R1's, you know it's also on the original R1's that flaw ...

When i see reviews by people i don't know, i will take that review with a more sceptic view, while i see ... The Swan or other people from ANF, i know the review can be trusted & is accurate. Ofcourse Trusted Reviewers can also make error's, but they are less prown to those error's becouse they know what to check better thanks to years of expierence ...

That's in essence what a trusted reviewer is ...
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Yes we know that.. to me a trusted reviewer is someone that we can trust there reviews.. its not about how many they write its about how good they write them.. i would rather see less reviews but are far better and more helpfull.. And anyways if you look at the Level scehme its based off experiance people get from writitng more.. Or Screenshots which actually don't add that much to experiance.. but since we implemented it no one has really used it..

I guess that's why I have better level and experience then some who have more reviews then me. I don't add many screenshots either. So, I do like the system as it is.

I've put my input in on this matter.
a good reward scheme could be that trusted reviewers get the occassional new release for free so that there will be a review written for that set instantly! might not be too cheap though Sad
see you space cowboy...
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
a good reward scheme could be that trusted reviewers get the occassional new release for free so that there will be a review written for that set instantly! might not be too cheap though Sad

Well, it's gone be more expensive to actualy ship those dvd's to the reviewers then the cost of the dvd's thelselfs Wink
It also would be nice to have an option to see all revies of a specific reviewer, not only the latest 10.

So when you have found some reviewers that gave good reviews, or maybe have the same tastes as you, you could browse these reviews.

For me this would be very useful. I read most of the latest reviews, but as I order in bulk only once or twice a year, I have to do a lot of checking reviews again sorting out the crappy sets to boil down my order list from 200 DVDs to a number I can afford :p
The Beard is out there...

Click here to view BeardFan's HK DVD list
Quote:Originally posted by BeardFan
It also would be nice to have an option to see all revies of a specific reviewer, not only the latest 10.

Ok noted.. i will write that down.. Won't be too hard to do.. I also think Arcon has mentioned this before.. ;o)
I've actually wanted this feature before as well.
Sometimes just to view something I've written in the past or to make sure which version of a set I might have.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
My system: each good review gets you a slap on the ass.

On another note: how about a "Content" section of the review, since the additional comments section is split between judging the content, the packaging, and everything else. Ooh, maybe a "Packaging" section too, that would be incredibly helpful in deciding between two different high-quality sets of the same animation. Content would be so nice. Please.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
My system: each good review gets you a slap on the ass.

On another note: how about a "Content" section of the review, since the additional comments section is split between judging the content, the packaging, and everything else. Ooh, maybe a "Packaging" section too, that would be incredibly helpful in deciding between two different high-quality sets of the same animation. Content would be so nice. Please.

Noted i will talk with JJ and see if not mind adding this..
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sanosuke
a good reward scheme could be that trusted reviewers get the occassional new release for free so that there will be a review written for that set instantly! might not be too cheap though
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's gone be more expensive to actualy ship those dvd's to the reviewers then the cost of the dvd's thelselfs
(Arocn)

ok if this is the issue then the free dvds could come when a reviewer makes an order, this would save JJ the shipping costs. btw im not lookin for a hand-out here, i just think that people will respond well to a reward scheme, its not like i write many reviews myself!

(how do i get the fuckin quote thingy workin properly like everyone else? it doesnt come up with the "originally posted by" bit, and i couldnt be arsed typin it????)
see you space cowboy...
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
(how do i get the fuckin quote thingy workin properly like everyone else? it doesnt come up with the "originally posted by" bit, and i couldnt be arsed typin it????)

There is a little "quote" button next to the Edit button at the bottem of the post you are wanting to quote.. When you click that it goes to the post page with the post your wanting to quote, quoted..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a review of the Sakura Wars tv series dvd set tsukishonin 1 1,741 04-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Guest