Berserk question ????
Recently I watched the manga version of Berserk and it was good considering the translations. Later that I week I watched the F/x version which is the r1 rip. My question is did the american release cut some of the movie out? The scene after griffth is tortured and left in his cell drifting into insanity and he notices this weird stuff coming out of the wall, and then he is wift of to that place that looks like there is a bunch of windows and the God jand are standing in consecutive windows. This scene if I'm not mistaken was not in the F/x release hence not in american release. Is this true that the r1 version is edited and if so why did the americans do that?
the FX version is an R1 rip of the Mediablasters release

personally i cant help you there but my fansubs have got that bit in and my FX set doesnt...
No big deal though
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
If it bothers you so much about deleted scenes, it would be better if you just stuck to the manga. Movies/series on dvds always have scenes deleted or excluded.

MY ANIME COLLECTION
yea apparently lots of anime released in the us/europe is cut quite some bit which i find unreasonable in much part. it would be easier to just up the certification to make sure it doesnt get into the wrong hands.
see you space cowboy...
No that scene is in the R1 release I have the media blasters set. So I guess this means that FX took it out for some reason.
that scene is in my MAC perfect collection.
It's all EVIL!!
Thats wierd coz the MAC one ive been told is just a FX rip???
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
yea apparently lots of anime released in the us/europe is cut quite some bit which i find unreasonable in much part. it would be easier to just up the certification to make sure it doesnt get into the wrong hands.

Actually, not that much gets cut out of R1's nowadays. 99% of the releases out there are uncut and unedited. the few that are edited are usually geared towards kids and it's usually because someone like 4kids got ahold of the license.
Most German releases aren't edited, so most of them are rated 16+ or in the case of Berserk 18+
The Beard is out there...

Click here to view BeardFan's HK DVD list

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on berserk prideofalion840 8 4,221 10-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Andromeda18_
  Hello everyone! / Had a question about the Berserk set... indie_otaku_pun 6 4,054 07-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Last Post: kakomu
  Berserk Questions (WARNING: SPOILERS) OtakuMonster 3 3,089 08-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama
  Berserk questions +Pepsidude+ 6 4,278 07-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama