Poll: Who are you?!?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Male, Age: 14-18
25.77%
25 25.77%
Male, Age: 19-25
41.24%
40 41.24%
Male, Age: 26-35
11.34%
11 11.34%
Male, Age: 36 and up
2.06%
2 2.06%
Female, Age: 14-18
8.25%
8 8.25%
Female, Age: 19-25
10.31%
10 10.31%
Female, Age: 26-35
1.03%
1 1.03%
Female, Age: 36 and up
0%
0 0%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who are you?!?!
ladysilverice Wrote:It starts with a few isolated incidents where the (I will just use gender because it's easier) guy apologizes profusely saying they got upset and out of hand and it won't happen again. The girl forgives him because she loves him. Over time things escalate and get out of hand.

Why forgive these so-called isolated incidents in the first place? Even if it's only once a woman can't forgive a man for hitting her. Love is no excuse.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Why forgive these so-called isolated incidents in the first place? Even if it's only once a woman can't forgive a man for hitting her. Love is no excuse.

A lot of is has to do what LSI said about mentally breaking down the woman, making them feel worthless so that they have no confidence and think no one else would love them.

I?m not going to go in to the wife beating issue cause anyone that has been here since I have been, should know what I think of the subject... So I?ll just say that when the abuser from an abusive relationship is killed by the abused, it is never a tragedy.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Why forgive these so-called isolated incidents in the first place? Even if it's only once a woman can't forgive a man for hitting her. Love is no excuse.
Like I said before, the isolated incidents don't start with hitting. They start small and get bigger and more aggressive over time. If small abusive things start and the person doesn't actually get hit until a year or two later, that's a long span of time in which to escalate things slowly. There are massive emotional issues that go along with abuse. I guess it's difficult to understand if you havn't watched it happen.

I'll admit, some of the people abused don't have the courage they should, but it's the same situation in that case with a bully at school. They don't feel they're strong enough to stand up and protect themselves. Some people will always be weaker. It's the way of the world.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
ladysilverice Wrote:Like I said before, the isolated incidents don't start with hitting. They start small and get bigger and more aggressive over time. If small abusive things start and the person doesn't actually get hit until a year or two later, that's a long span of time in which to escalate things slowly. There are massive emotional issues that go along with abuse. I guess it's difficult to understand if you havn't watched it happen.

I'll admit, some of the people abused don't have the courage they should, but it's the same situation in that case with a bully at school. They don't feel they're strong enough to stand up and protect themselves. Some people will always be weaker. It's the way of the world.

For years I was abused by my mother who used to spank me. Yet, when I was only 9 years old I was already fighting back. I'm the only person nowadays who can keep my her under control. I've been through that sort of situation so I know very well what it's like. People who let themselves be abused are weak and it's because they're weak that they're abused. It doesn't matter if it's a bully at school either, I used to fight all the time with guys way bigger and way older than me. I was hit but you can be damn sure they were hit as well. People need to stand up for themselves!
23 Male ----- Getting old, Bleh!!
It's all EVIL!!
Female ,17 still young :p
i really should do this i suppose

male 21

no i do not get drunk Tongue
Cyrus
in comment to andromeda

i totally believe in turning the other cheek when possible but....

I think the real problem isn't people not standing up for themselves it really is people not standing up for each other.

like the columbine school shooting they felt like almost everyone was against them if people woulda stood up for them it would of been different because they did stand up for themselves and slaughtered many people.

Of course there are times when you stand up for yourself of course but it would be much better if people watched out for each other so that one person didn't need to take all the weight on themselves
Cyrus
Kakashi2409 Wrote:Female ,17 still young :p

17 isn't too young. Wink
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cyrus Wrote:in comment to andromeda

i totally believe in turning the other cheek when possible but....

I think the real problem isn't people not standing up for themselves it really is people not standing up for each other.

like the columbine school shooting they felt like almost everyone was against them if people woulda stood up for them it would of been different because they did stand up for themselves and slaughtered many people.

Of course there are times when you stand up for yourself of course but it would be much better if people watched out for each other so that one person didn't need to take all the weight on themselves

You're absolutely right about that. Nowadays there's a lot of indiference in the world and that's a sad thing. By the way, when I said people should stand up for themselves I didn't mean people should just snap and kill a bunch of people. That wouldn't even be standing up for themselves it would be going crazy.