buying dvds
I am looking to buy some dvd sets and stumbled across this site.I am interested in finding people who have purchased from this site as to the quality of the product as the prices seem very good and I am wondering what the catch is. I am currently looking for "Irresponsible Captain Tylor", "Rahxephon" and "Serial Experiment Lain"
Cool relax, you're in good hands now. i suggest trying out a small order to gauge the service. you will be pleasantly surprised here... Big Grin
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
Top Notch Service

and heck do big orders but beware if youre outside US and Canada

Customs is a bitch!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
i got RahXephon from here and the 3rd disc was the only thing i had a problem with ! still waitng for it to come !

other than that it is good !

order on

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Hi, There is a dvd reviews section here that has hundreds of reviews for many dvd sets.

I have found this site very good. There's no complications. Just click and buy.

Read the FAQ
Well..........There arent any catches except some titles have terrible subtitles, and some dvd players have problems playing recent presses by FX brand. Also the gatefold case is kinda flimsy. It can fall apart easily. Looking at the titles you are interested in, you won't have any subtitle problem there.

As for Junkie Joe's business, I commend him for running customer- friendly, price-competive business despite not so ideal location in Canada. His $7.00 per disc seems to be the bottomline price. Some HK and other southeastern asian resellers also have this price or slighlty lower, but none significantly lower (except for mainland China stuff - that's another story altogether). I found so far that no other North American resellers matches the overall price except for some titles here and there. I am never comfortable ordering from oversea HK resellers. Therefore, JJ would be my choice because of combination of two factors: price and reliability, both a must.

The one thing I really like about this store is that if you see a title in store section, it is in stock. It will be shipped right away. On the other hand, I had my order delayed a long while from another site even though it was shown as "in stock" Only thing negative about this store is that it could take really long while to get titles by MAC once they are out of stock, and some popular items can go out of stock fast. It seems JJ carries relatively small stock. Hence, your choice can be limited at times and be forced to order one by one and pay extra shipping cost. If you see everything you want are in stock, no reason to wait. Go ahead and order those three titles you want

I am not affiliated with this site what so ever. I think this is a pretty unbiased opinion.
Not to take anything away from JJ

but there is

http://www.695anime.com

but no FX Sad
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
His reputation is not very good. I ordered from him once and...well, looooong story. He doesn't have stock, He goes out on the streets to find your sets which may take a while. and when I made my order his packaging helper disapeared with all the stuff he did have in stock and miraculously at the same time his e-mail account went down. Let's say it took some threats to get him to respond to me and other "victims" I met on arctic-nightfall. It all worked out in the end and he appologized but some people had to wait 2+ months for their discs and then the gatefolds arrived all scratched and dirty because they were bought on the streets. Not worth the $0,05 discount.

Since then I only buy from JJ and one other shop. Never had any problems nor do I know anyone who has.
Heh....:p If you want imports real cheap, go to HK. You can get each dvd for only US$1-$3.
My friend went HK once couple of mths on biz trips. He always brings back tons of dvds. Eg. He got Trigun(FX) for less than $10, think he got Rurouni Kenshin Ltd Ed for $30+++ or $40, Blue Gender $10. Big Grin

But this is the best site overall to buy imports. Prompt delivery, good customer services. You can't ask for more! Cool
I remember when that whole problem happened with 695 anime and he gave a good excuse (i dont remember what it was). ANyway, he says he got it straightened out and i believe him. I ordered 3 sets from there right when the people that had problem started getting their dvds and i got my orders problem free. It takes him a week to ship it, and a week to get to the US (about 9-10 business days), but it got here safe and sound. It is 5 cents cheaper than here but he only has MI, and if you order 4 dvds or more the shipping is a little more expensive than here (~$1.30). But, if its a set that JJ doesnt have, and its MI, its the best place to buy dvds other than here (at least i think so).
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
there is

http://www.695anime.com

I have bought from him before. Didn't have any problem, but he is based in Hong Kong, witch is kinda my last resort.
Quote:Originally posted by Kaos
if its a set that JJ doesnt have, and its MI, its the best place to buy dvds other than here (at least i think so).

thats what me thinks aswell! a friend of mine told me the site and he placed an order with "Don" and he got it problem free apart from two sets he didnt have in which he refunded the money though it did take a while.

but i think its best to stick with JJ
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I havent bought an MI set in a long time, I'll just pick up the AC/MAC version from here instead, I'll probably be a direct rip of the MI version.

It takes 1-2 business days to get my set depending on what time of the day I place my order. No other site can beat that.
Never heard of the place but just checked it out. I just thought it was fishy because I checked up on sets I already have to see what kind of sets he offers. He has the "Rurouni Kenshin" set I have (pink - 1st set and blue - 2nd set) but they are not described properly... I bought my Kenshin set on eBay awhile back, and am proud of the fact that I was one of the first people to have this set come out by FX!!! It's really an English and Japanese Dub version with English subtitles. The first box (pink) has 6 DVDs and the second box (blue) also has 6 DVDs. I've been thinking whether I should exchange it for the new Rurouni Kenshin Limited box set with the nice covers and keep box, but decided I'd keep my original because OF COURSE, IT WAS MADE FIRST FLAWLESSLY THE FIRST TIME BY FX!!! Just wanted to let y'all know, not to take anything away from http://www.695anime.com though..
There's no catch! The prices are great and the service is even better!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? garritynet 13 11,217 11-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Last Post: tanakag
  Where to buy DVDs plase PM a link AKUMA 2 2,660 08-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Last Post: AKUMA
  Best place to buy R1 DVDs for Canadians matthewmalay 1 1,502 11-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cidien